EBMM Axis Supersport P90s?

DrBob

Yeah they're option.
EBMM call them MM90's rather than P90's but they are in essence a P90. storming guitars. The all rosewood one is amazing.

flume

Double Platinum Member
Fantastic sound. Lots of detail and balance. Makes the Axis SSport a real winner - I've had mine for years and its been a true workhorse that had its own voice too thanks to those pickups.

flume

Double Platinum Member
That would be me.

And the Axis Supersport saw lots of gig and recording action with that band.

Have we met?

If not I'm curious and flatterered that anyone remembers the name!:eek:

Tweedledee

I had a silver one with the MM90s. Great pickups, but they aren't really voiced like a traditional P90. They still have that great midrange punch, but they're not as "raunchy" as real P90s. They're more tame.

Jet Age Eric

I saw you guys once; your singer was pretty memorable :) I recall the music being good, too; cool guitar tones, etc. Sorry; that sounds like I'm damning you with faint praise when it really means you made a good impression and yet I never followed up. I'm in a band and never go to shows; it's sad but true. -E

That would be me.

And the Axis Supersport saw lots of gig and recording action with that band.

Have we met?

If not I'm curious and flatterered that anyone remembers the name!:eek:

Jet Age Eric

I had a silver one with the MM90s. Great pickups, but they aren't really voiced like a traditional P90. They still have that great midrange punch, but they're not as "raunchy" as real P90s. They're more tame.
Went out and played one today; really liked it. A little sterile, but that might've been the brand new VibroKing. Gonna have to unload my Mustang and then bring the SS home for a proper test drive. -E

Tweedledee

Went out and played one today; really liked it. A little sterile, but that might've been the brand new VibroKing. Gonna have to unload my Mustang and then bring the SS home for a proper test drive. -E
The non-broken in amp might have had a bit to do with it, but I think sterile is actually not a bad description of those pickups when you have both of them on. I found that using just the neck or the bridge sounded much better. Together they lack a little character.

Jet Age Eric

The non-broken in amp might have had a bit to do with it, but I think sterile is actually not a bad description of those pickups when you have both of them on. I found that using just the neck or the bridge sounded much better. Together they lack a little character.
I often find p90s to be a little sterile; NICE, but still sterile. These had a little more sparkle than most, though. Still, duly noted. Thanks! -E

Trending Topics