EBMM Silhouette HSH vs Reflex

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by BlueHeaven, Apr 11, 2015.

1. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Intrigued by both of these although leaning toward the Reflex. Unfortunately, I can't find one of either in my area to try. Need as much as possible in the way of pros and cons as I'm a family guy (with a VERY expensive vacation coming this year) and I can't afford to make a mistake.

2. Russ73

Russ73 Member

Hi OP, I have a few silo specials and Ive owned everything from an EVH to the luke and silos and silo specials......the silo is 24 frets and H/S/H and the reflex is a 22 fret H/H, I personally don't like 24 fret guitars and the pups in the reflex blow away the pups they use in the silo, I have 3 silo specials which are 22 fret silos that are H/S/S and I love them, but the pups were changed out of all of them, oddly enough the necks are extremely similar if not the same shape....hope this helps...also both guitars have a forearm drop like a strat so both are comfy, but the pups and the 22 frets lean me towards the reflex, but if your talking about silo specials and possibly a pup change than Im for that..

3. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Hey thanks. Actually I was talking about the HSH 24 fret Silo. The Reflex is right up my alley I think but for some reason (not sure why) the HSH Silo appeals to me too. I just wish I could try before I buy even if it wasn't the same exact guitar.