• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

EBMM Steve Morse - Why isn't this guitar more popular?

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
I got a Steve Morse signature model recently to be my "do it all" guitar when I don't want to take my CS Telecaster. The Steve Morse has a whole bunch of different sounds available and does a pretty decent strat quack and SG humbucker kind of sound. Build quality is excellent. I know the neck's on the thin side, but I like it. I'm wondering why they don't seem to get much play. At $900 used in today's market they're a pretty good value too, IMO.

ugacrow

To many, less is more. I'm perfectly happy with just one, two, or three pickups and no more than four knobs.

Even me with small hands thought the neck was small...I liked it, but small.

And while I own one of these 'do everything' guitars, they may do all sorts of tones, many of them rarely do anything singular REALLY well (mine does).

But at that price, it seems like a cool guitar.

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
It's probably against the rules to start a thread like this w/o a photo. [If not, it should be.]

fenderball

Silver Supporting Member
great guitar...neck is definitely not as thin as the axis sports/super sports...( i know, having owned them and still own the sport and morse... )
big fan of those guitars

the one on the left is gone...but the others remain

marantz1300

I have two Silo's , hands like Hog Trotters and love my Bluebursts neck. They are also the best built guitars I have came across. Major bargins second hand.

Droptop

Gold Supporting Member
If I could change one thing it would be the thin neck. It would be great to have a fat C shape neck.

Berlin Chris

I have two Silo's , hands like Hog Trotters and love my Bluebursts neck. They are also the best built guitars I have came across. Major bargins second hand.

That T-style silo is way cool. Did you customize it yourself? There never was a production model like this I think...

Happy owner of a 1991 Morse here. Super-flexible guitar and the switching is easy and logical after a few minutes. Lots of great tones in there and a fabulous neck. What´s not to like?

beej

Killer guitars. I have three :)

wrxplayer- nice Morse. That one used to be mine ... I put in the Lawrences and wired it up.

Luke

In a word, poplar.

Using a non-traditional body wood scares a lot of people off IMO.

Also that bridge is fugly. If they used TOM and went through from the rear it would be more attractive.

marantz1300

That T-style silo is way cool. Did you customize it yourself? There never was a production model like this I think...

Yep. I made the pickguard and added the pups and bridge. I made a MK1 first. All the parts are a straight swap on the MK1,no holes need to be drilled , no routing. So no damage to your Silo. I still have the old bridge and pickguard.If any one has a Silo and wants to try a Tele/Silo. Post a pic after they are fitted and they are yours. Feels like a silo,sounds like a Tele.

Mcclassic

I don't know for sure but for me I was not even trying to play one, finally got one in my hands and even that I was just thinking not to purchase an endorse guitar, after start playing... wow... i just have to have it... great tones, the necsk just felt like a glove, so I purchase it and change my mind 180 completelly onmusic man... now I have that model plus another 9 EBMM.

The only think I may think people may not like is the confusing system on the pick-up selection, otherwise, that is one of the best guitars and one of my top keepers.

mkl13

Silver Supporting Member
I have had a couple, I really want to love them because everything about them works for me EXCEPT that neck. Just too thin and narrow for me.

buddastrat

I had one and Ernie Balls are such tiny guitars. I don't get it. Unless you're 5'5 I think people look funny playing it. they have nice neck feels but their necks are tiny too. I remember one time a little six year old kid looked at one in the store and said "look a guitar for me". Same with the Wolfgang guitars. Those sound great but...

Steve Morse needs to bust out the tele/strat. That was a bad ass axe.

beej

Most of 'em are regular sized. The Axis body is small. The Morse isn't.

Necks ... well that's why there are so many choices on the market. Some people love 'em, some people find 'em too small.

Trending Topics