EBS patch cable reliability?

Dolphineus

"The game of ball is glorious." -Walt Whitman
Platinum Supporting Member
Any experience with using any of the EBS flat patch cables as "S" a.k.a. "Offset" cables, having to twist the cable between two pedals?

Gaheba

I've been using them for about two years or so now. Love them, so far been tough as nails. I change things around constantly, and they often get twisted when connecting top jacks to side jacks. Not a single failure yet. I won't use anything else now.

jjhookemup

I switched to the gold ones too, over typical style patch cables. No issues so far...8 months in... and I swap out pedals frequently.

woolyh

Replaced all my cables with the regular EBS flats about 3 years ago and I've had 3 short out and die. Good cables but I wouldn't say the durability is anything special.

If I buy more I'll get the Gold or Performance version.

Dolphineus

"The game of ball is glorious." -Walt Whitman
Platinum Supporting Member
Thanks for sharing all your experiences.

mambosun92

Did someone compare the Original vs Gold vs High performance patch models to see if there's any worthwile quality difference (noise, reliability..)?

boxof

Did someone compare the Original vs Gold vs High performance patch models to see if there's any worthwile quality difference (noise, reliability..)?
I have both, and cannot tell the difference in sound. No idea about reliability, they are patch cables after all, so not sure how they would break.

Quad4

I've had no issues with EBS cables failing. I don't move/unplug them often.

There might be some audio/noise improvements between the models, but nothing I can quantify.

IMHO the big difference is some small changes in the size of the connector. Golds are the smallest and that saves me some hassle on some pedals.

woof*

I have pile of the standard Ebs and have shuffled my board a bunch..perfect still.

ilyslue2

I have both gold and standard....they are more noisy than my other patcher cables....unusable in front og high gain stages imo

Trending Topics