• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Echo-Puss IS HERE!

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
How will this differ from the supa puss?
Supa will have modulation controls labeled "wow" and "flutter", which is a tape-like modulation rather than a standard chorus or vibrato type modulation (like in most modulated delays, including the DMM).

It will also have a "grit" control to control dirt in repeats, as well as tap tempo. Not sure as to the available delay time.

I guess you could say, the Echo Puss is taking on the DMM and all the other modulated delays (Memory Lane, Brigadier, etc), and the Supa-Puss is taking on the tape sims (El Capistan, Skrecho, etc)

scolfax

I guess you could say, the Echo Puss is taking on the DMM and all the other modulated delays (Memory Lane, Brigadier, etc), and the Supa-Puss is taking on the tape sims (El Capistan, Skrecho, etc)
That helps a lot - thanks!

Jules-RM

Usually tone controls in delay pedals help shaping the repeats from pristine to dark/fading. Doesn't the one on the EP provide enough control?
The designers thought it was too pristine, and needed dirtying up - so they added a distortion circuit into the pedal. I would like to hear what it sounds like without that circuit.

It does sound nice on it's own, but I just find it slightly odd that they went though all that trouble just to make the repeats dirtier.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
The designers thought it was too pristine, and needed dirtying up - so they added a distortion circuit into the pedal. I would like to hear what it sounds like without that circuit.

It does sound nice on it's own, but I just find it slightly odd that they went though all that trouble just to make the repeats dirtier.
On what pedal? Echo Puss repeats don't get grittier as tone is turned down, just darker... AD-999 has dirtier repeats (and the El Cap CAN have, if desired).

All I know is that I have a blank check written and waiting to hand over to Jeorge for the Supa Puss. Make it worth my while. haha

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
Hmm... I don't hear it, need to add volume, add repeats, and do more listening... (I LIKE gritty repeats, which is why I LOVE my AD-999.)
I still consider the AD999 one of the most unique delays out there, due to the dirty repeats and so the whole "distortion circuit affecting the repeats" is very appealing to me. In addtition, it seems that the Supa-puss has two separate controls labeled grit and filter. Even more control over the character of the repeats maybe? In any case the colaboration between Mr. Tripps and Dunlop results in really interesting stuff...

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
They ran out of the NOS BBD chips...

Of course I haven't checked out the latest design with whatever chips they've decided to use now, perhaps I'll drop by one of the local corporate chains and bring my original AquaPuss and DMM for a comparison taste test?

The new Echo-Puss is ALL analog, errr...right? :stir
Can't see the delay chips w/o disassembling the pedal. (Which I'm not gonna' do... I either like what I hear or I don't, don't care what chips are in it.)

Jellybelly33

They ran out of the NOS BBD chips...

Of course I haven't checked out the latest design with whatever chips they've decided to use now, perhaps I'll drop by one of the local corporate chains and bring my original AquaPuss and DMM for a comparison taste test?

The new Echo-Puss is ALL analog, errr...right? :stir
This post embodies TGP perfectly.

btdvox

Hmm... I don't hear it, need to add volume, add repeats, and do more listening... (I LIKE gritty repeats, which is why I LOVE my AD-999.)
That was a mistake, if you read the article again, it was poorly written, he says the Supauss will have a distortion circuit.

That being said, Ruger9 do you like the Echo Puss better than the AD999? I'm thinking of adding one of the two to my Timeline for slap back etc, though I like the timelines d bucket, I like the MLjr that I has too.

MLjr vs Echo Puss vs AD999 tough question!

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
That was a mistake, if you read the article again, it was poorly written, he says the Supauss will have a distortion circuit.

That being said, Ruger9 do you like the Echo Puss better than the AD999? I'm thinking of adding one of the two to my Timeline for slap back etc, though I like the timelines d bucket, I like the MLjr that I has too.

MLjr vs Echo Puss vs AD999 tough question!
I still like the quality (or lack of) of the repeats on the 999 a bit better. But I'm not looking for a replacement for the 999, it has no modulation. I'm still looking for my MODULATED delay, the El Cap being the best so far (until I got Echo-Puss).

Maybe the Supa-Puss, with that distortion circuit, will allow it to have repeats like the 999 and also added modulation... if so, that would be my perfect delay. We'll see...

Jules-RM

The "Honeymoon" is over, and I actually like it more now. The slowish vibrato speed is seeming less and less an issue as I'm getting used to it, since everything else is good about it.

I think I'm actually going to stick with it. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom