Echopark Guitars

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by datguytim, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Neecy

Neecy Member

Clearly hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. So much hearsay about a mans personal life, his home, his earnings. The IG stalking and poaching of pictures would impress the cream of the crop internet trolls, bullies and jilted lovers. All the “real story” and knowing Gabe comments are just a circle jerk of one ups-manship.

Ian Anderson and Black Squirrel like this.
  2. 2016aug29

2016aug29 Supporting Member

And hello to you too!

DaveNJ and Neecy like this.
  3. Neecy

Neecy Member

Hi! :D

4. NewLeaf09

NewLeaf09 Supporting Member

You mean the two plus hour interviews he gave, the published news articles in which he was interviewed, the posts he wrote on his social media accounts? You signed up to post that!?!? That's really too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

5. Neecy

Neecy Member

Comments on his income, his home.. people in this thread make false claims. Isn’t that what I wrote? People taking this thread out of the forum, shedding tears to editors. Facts vs Fiction.

6. jerrycampbell

jerrycampbell Member

I don't think you have a clue what's going on in this thread.
    I see you are also in Detroit ('the D' :rolleyes:) where 'the G' has set up shop.
    Coincidence?
    Instagram stalking? They're looking for the guitars they were promised!
    Your head is up your A.

7. NewLeaf09

NewLeaf09 Supporting Member

No, you specifically said it was hearsay. When someone says it himself and puts it out via a public medium, that's not hearsay. The revenue number was what Currie said it was in an interview, not from rifling through his file cabinet with a flashlight in my mouth. As far as I'm concerned, published news articles, especially when the person participates voluntarily and hopes to benefit by doing so, are fair game and shed light on who this guy is, how he regards himself, his business and his customers. Feel free to refute anything you can - I'm all for truth in advertising.

8. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Gold Supporting Member

I guess you don't think pictures of shoddy workmanship and excessive wait times should be knowledge that should be made public?

Stu Cats, cmatthes and kbgear like this.
  9. JPH118

JPH118 Member

Where are the false claims?? I haven’t seen any yet...

cmatthes and kbgear like this.
  10. Neecy

Neecy Member

There are rules on this forum. I can quote them for you later, have to go to work.

11. Mooster

Mooster Member

No-one to my knowledge commented on his income. No one knows nor cares. Comments were made on the annual turnover for his company which came from an interview with Gabe where he offered that figure. The context of that was brought up in the discussion of EPG's business success. The comments on his home were made from 3 articles of which Gabe participated in to promote his business, and I don't think we were commenting on his personal choice of his home, or whether it is a good or bad home, or the address of his home, just the articles on Gabe and his business. Speaking for myself, I personally don't care where he lives. Comments on his Instagram account are towards the account Echopark Guitars which in my mind is not a private account but one he uses to advertise and market his business and the products he is selling. If making comments or viewing that is not in good taste, I hope you will recommend to Gabe to switch his Instagram account to private, and I hope for his privacy that he does.

In fact, most comments were not related to those things but things relevant to the products he is selling, namely, the quality of the product - mostly focusing on pictures and photos of which are used to advertise his products, or experiences by customers such the delays. In fact, Gabe participated on this thread concerning those two areas, offering to up the quality of his product and to cut down on the delays. The conversation since has been focused on whether he has upped the quality of his product based on guitars bearing his logo and on sale today and also customers such as LenPort who have been waiting for over 11 weeks since he was told the problem would be fixed.

However I am genuinely interested as to what made you believe the claims here are false. It would be good to explain which comments in particular are false and why with some context of what you believe to be the correct facts and why. We (or at least I) stand ready to be corrected.

12. Scottone

Scottone Silver Supporting Member

Agreed. I haven't seen any posts on this thread complaining about playability or tone.

I was trying to sell my DeLeon but pulled down the ad today after a long playing session with it last night. Despite the typical rough pick guard routing and less than stellar inlay work, it is the best T type guitar that I've ever owned.

13. kbgear

kbgear Silver Supporting Member

Hat's off to you, sir. I might know what your day job is/was. ;)

Sloop John B likes this.
  14. magnus02

magnus02 Member

HAHAHAHA

That's a joke... Right?

Crash-VR and kbgear like this.
  15. cmatthes

cmatthes Member

Yeah...that's not a fake profile or anything.

16. Crash-VR

Crash-VR Supporting Member

Right?!
    There's nothing obvious about the intent of that profile...

cmatthes and Da Geezer like this.
  17. '59_Standard

'59_Standard Member

Excuse me while I chortle to myself you should mention rules of a forum and how someones treated... As for quotes and going to work some people need to get the work done on time and deliver on the quote the customer paid on...

cmatthes and JPH118 like this.
  18. Mooster

Mooster Member

Well, I'm serious about my view and I want to make it clear that I don't want to win an argument or bash a guy. I want to have a debate. But a debate with context and examples. QC? I have posted pics and referenced guitars on sale today. Delays? I'm commenting on my and other user's experiences. Even Gabe commented on the delays here and on IG so it's somewhat validated. But I want to thank Black Squirrel, Neecy, Scottone, and others that have spoken up to chime in with their views that are contrary to my own.

kbgear likes this.
  19. yucatown

yucatown Theory-free noodling enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Actually, I don’t know. I have owned and sold several boutique guitars through the years, yet I don’t see how this has anything to do with echopark guitars being better than others.

I will agree that some boutique guitars I’ve owned had their share of issues, some of which were ridiculously obvious, yet those builders are held in adoration. Is that what you mean?

20. Da Geezer

Da Geezer Supporting Member

Building some guitars....hopefully?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017