Echoplex Digital Pro (Gibson) Problem -Loop Playback/Dynamics

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jimfog, Mar 6, 2008.

1. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Hey ,

Just got a Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro and Foot Control from MF....good deal, too.......well, maybe.

I'm new to the EDP, but not to looping.

I'm having a problem making loops with swells and dynamics. The EDP works fine when I play a strong rhythmic figure, but when I do volume swells or soft passages, it cuts off the playback when the input level gets too low. In other words, say I volume swell in a chord.......on playback, it cuts off the beginning of the swell and end of it. The loop is the entire length I recorded, but you only HEAR the louder sections. Kind of sucks.

I'm using my strat straight into the EDP, then right out to the amp. I have the input set so it's green and only only goes orange when I nail it.

Any ideas?

- jim

PS....the UNDO function seems a little hinky, too........so, I may have a lemon.

2. Mincer

Mincer Member

You may want to also ask this on the Looper's Delight mailing list, where the designers of the EDP reside.

3. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Thanks.....any other ideas?

4. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

You might need to turn up the input... I think there is some kind of gate in it. I would do an archive search at loopers delight: http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/wilma/LDarchive

5. KRosser

KRosser Member

Jim, let us know what you find out, yeah?

You just reminded me I need to look into replacing a couple front panel knobs on my old one that went missing in transit somehow....