Echozar Question?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gpro34, Mar 16, 2006.

1. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Hello echozar users here is my question. Can you have two independent channels to set two delay times and in a live setting go back and fourth?
    For example can you keep one for short repeats and hit the switch and go to your longer delays? If not is there any delay on the market that can do this besides the line 6?--Please help, Thank's

2. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

Yes, with the echoczar you have 2 independent delay settings, setting each one at any delay time you want, up to 1100ms...you can set one for short, and one for long. You can switch between them instantaneously, or have a slide effect wierdness in switching between them. You can even have the volumes of each delay at a slightly different level due to a "soft mix" switch. It's quite ideal for live playing.

3. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Also...

If you have the Angel Baby, you can choose between 3! Two normal delays and one with modulation. All with their own Time Setting!!

Whoooooohoooooooo.....hooooo....hooooo

4. Gibsonchild

Gibsonchild Member

The Blackbox Quicksilver has 2 footswitchable speed settings. It also has modulation, an fx loop for the repeats and an exp pedal jack. I bought mine the week they came out and have never regretted it. The only down side is that both settings share a mix and feedback control.

I can't wait to get my Echoczar, tho. Then I will be in delay heaven w/ both units on my board.

5. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

With the echoczar, both channels also share a mix and feedback control, but you can adjust the mix slightly with the "soft mix" toggle.

6. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Thank's for all of your help. I think the echozar sounds great is this a limited production pedal?

7. somedude

somedude Member

Not that I'm aware of, but there's a long waiting list. The site says it's six months, but there's a few members that have been waiting for nine months now.

8. drolling

drolling Member

Yep, I've been on the list since July '05. In the meantime, I've discovered the Diamond Memory Lane, which I will be keeping. Can't have too many analog delays..

9. somedude

somedude Member

I've been on since Nov/Dec, but now that I know how many have waited longer I think I'm going to fork out the extra and get a Fulltone TTE.

10. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

i've been on the list since the end of June.......and I'm anxious beyond words......ed has been great to answer any emails i had about the pedal......kind of wish i had signed up for the angelbaby as well......i anticipate ordering it as soon as the echoczar gets here

11. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Just tell Ed that you would like to add an Angelbaby to your order. It may delay things a week or two, but what the hell.

He has been very cool to deal with.

12. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

On the list for just over a month... a loooong wait ahead!

13. terryg

terryg Member

May '05. I just try to forget about the "Instant Christmas Gratification" that I'll experience when the EC is suddenly ready. I have no problems with the wait or the process. Ed has been straight up and honest.

+1 on the Angelbaby, may as well order that too.

14. Ed Rembold

Ed Rembold Member

I 'm trying to stay off these forums, but maybe a little update will help.....

There are many things which make this a tough business to be in.

One of the things that "hurts" me (profit-wise) is the bringing back in previously built units for free new features/upgrades.

I'd like to eliminate this if possible, and the best way, is for me to "finish" everything I've been working on "feature-wise" and put it into the current "waiting" builds.

This way I won't be shipping anything else, knowing that I'll have to bring it back in for updates.

Building of echoczars has resumed, details of the final features will be released soon, probably by the owners themselves (I'm So far behind that I just don't have time to write everything up).

Thanks and goodbye,
    Ed R.

15. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

thanks for the update man!.....and you might be hearing from me about that angel baby soon.....still mulling it over and i have a few questions for you regarding that unit

16. drolling

drolling Member

Thanks for the update, Ed!

It was after playing w/my Timmy for a few hours that I asked myself; "Why the heck didn't you order a Tim at the same time?!?"

That inspired me to fire off a note to Ed to get on the list for an AngelBaby as well. It was the first, and only time I'd contacted him since last July, as I prefer to leave these guys in peace to concentrate on their work.

I figure I'll have plenty of time to scrape up the extra money for the Angelbaby, which really does increase the functionality of the Echoczar. If any of you analog delay junkies are diggin the modulation effects of the Deluxe Memory Man and the Diamond Memory Lane- you probably need the angelbaby, too.

And I'm still waiting for Tim...:D

17. somedude

somedude Member

Cool. Thanks for the update. I was trying to avoid being one of those people that emails you all the time asking for updates, so this helps out big time. :dude