• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

ECP Welcomes Johnny Hiland

Bill M

ECP would like to welcome Nashville super picker Johnny Hiland to the family. Johnny and I have been developing some new pickup sets with great results. We will have several new Johnny Hiland signature pickup sets in both humbucker and single coil sets. These sets will start being available before the end of the year.

Please stay tuned for product updates and demos.

Bill M

When Nashville Super Picker and Shrapnel recording artist Johnny Hiland said to me one day that he really missed the tone of a true Tele bridge pickup and true tone of an old school Strat neck pickup in his EBMM Silhouette, with dual blade pickups , I said to him he needed real single coil pickups to accomplish this. He also said that he likes a hot bridge pickup to rock out with, but it still had to be able to twang and be able to chicken pick . I set forth to create a set of pickups with a regular Tele sized bridge pickup, and regular sized Strat pickups for the middle and neck positions. This set proved to be a hit with Johnny and provided the tone he was chasing after, but the Tele sized bridge pickup proved to be too large, and interfered with his picking style. Although he loved the tone of the Tele bridge he asked me if I could make it in a Strat pickup size and after some development I cloned the tone of that Tele bridge pickup in a Strat sized package, which includes a steel baseplate. What was born was the Six Shooter Singles for Silhouettes and for regular Strat style guitars, as this set proved to also sound great in a Strat style guitar.

Neck-5.95K Middle-6.35k Bridge-10.30k

This set will be available very soon.

Bill M

12 Gauge Pump (Tele) / 12 Gauge Semi ( Nashville Tele)
After the development of the Six Shooter Singles Johnny and I set out to make a pickup set for Tele style guitars. Although he plays EBMM Silhouettes he still loves his Tele’s, but never really cared for the traditional Tele neck pickup tone and wanted his Tele neck pickup to sound like the Strat neck pickup in his Silhouette. We already developed the bridge pickup at my first attempt to put a full size Tele bridge pickup in his Silhouette, and we already had the Strat middle pickup from the Silhouette for the Nashville Tele, but needed to get the Strat neck pickup sound in a Tele neck sized pickup. What was born was a pickup that fits a standard Tele neck pickup rout, with no cover, and uses the same magnets, the same wire, and has the same DC resistance as the Six Shooter Single neck pickup. It also sounds dead on with it. I accomplished this feat by using oversized Tele flat work so I could fit the proper amount of the larger 42 Gauge wire and longer magnets . Also the pickup looks awesome without the traditional metal neck pickup cover and matches the look of the bridge pickup, also with no cover. This set has proven to perform just the way Johnny wanted it to and I believe Tele lovers are going to love these sets.
Specs:
Neck- A3 staggered magnets- 42 Gauge HF wire
Middle-A3 staggered magnets- 42 Gauge HF wire ( 12 Gauge Semi only)
Bridge- A3 magnets- 43 gauge PE wire- copper plated steel baseplate

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
Was this the set he used at the recent Fall Philly guitar show in that little demo? They sounded INCREDIBLE!!!!

Bill M

Yes it was, but now that tele bridge pickup was made strat sized for strats. Essentially I cloned that tele bridge pickup tone into a strat sized package.

mapletop

can you get the middle and neckup with white covers? for th
12 Gauge Pump (Tele) / 12 Gauge Semi ( Nashville Tele)e

Top Bottom