Ecstacy Classic vs CAE OD100 classic+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by John55, Jan 22, 2008.

1. John55

John55 Member

I was all set to try the OD100, then I start reading and listening to clips of this Bogner. Both sound awesome in the clips I've heard, but I think from those clips the Bogner is thicker and possibly a bit darker...anyone here care to comment? They both seem capable of producing plenty of gain, but again, does one have more clarity/stiffness or a softer feel than the other? I really dislike a stiff sounding and feeling amp...reminds me way too much of a BF Fender,LOL!

2. gi doc

gi doc Member

Good question. I'd like to know the answer as well. I suspect the CAE would be more "modern" sounding and probably more like the 101B, but I don't know for sure. Both very good amps though.........tough choice. I'm sort of debating on those as well as the Carol Ann and the Modena 90. Now the Cameron amps are getting a little buzz too.........................too many choices!!!

3. John55

John55 Member

Anyone else? Got to be more users here than this!

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I'm not sure, but I think when you have "X vs. Y" a lot of people may decline to go in or at least comment, if they only have experience with one of them.

At least, that's how I usually think when it is a versus thread..."I know the one, but never tried the other so..."

I may be weird though.

5. alaskagrown

alaskagrown Member

I have only played the OD-100, so I can only comment on that - The "Feedback" knob on it works great for dialing this in... At noon it's standard, turn it down and it gets softer, turn it up and it gets stiffer/tighter/more modern. So it's really exactly as you want it to be.

6. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

So basically it goes from more vintage looser to modern tight chunka??

7. alaskagrown

alaskagrown Member

Exactly. And it works really well. I play around with it all the time... I haven't really found a favorite setting, it depends on my mood.

8. twangbanger

twangbanger Supporting Member

Just got a OD 100 from a fellow Forumite ( thanks Devin) and was about to start a thread about the feedback knob on it. thanks for filling me in:dude

9. lifeson1

lifeson1 Supporting Member

I played the 101b and the OD100+ today, and they're both amazing amps. . . The CA is definetely underrated, in my opinion. I'm still shaking my head going between the 101b, the Classic, and the OD100. . . I'm anxious to see what more people say. . . I have a Classic on order, have been thinking about switching to the OD100. . .