Ecstasy vs OCD v4

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ides of March, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Ides of March

Ides of March Member

I am wondering what your impressions are on these two pedals and if you had both what would you keep and what would you put on the shelf. Right now I am favoring the OCD. But I still like the Ecstasy. I just can't seem to get a good setting on it. For those who have used both any help with a good setting for the E. Maybe the OCD is just better?

2. billboy73

billboy73 Member

I have both on my board. I am using the OCD just as a lead boost right now, since I just recently added the Ecstacy. I really only ever used the HP mode on the OCD. The Ecstacy has much more tonal options available. They are different pedals, but the open position on the Ecstacy I like much more by itself or stacked than the OCD. I like the smooth setting, especially when I am using a strat or tele, but it sounds nice with buckers too. The crunch setting I use as another fuzz option on my board. I like both of these pedals, but if I had to pick 1, it would be the Ecstacy for its versatility.