Edwards E-LP-130LTS/RE neck shape?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ethomas1013, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ethomas1013

ethomas1013 Supporting Member

I did a search and couldn't find any info.

I'm thinking about getting another Edwards LP.What's the neck shape on the Edwards E-LP-130LTS-RE?

I had an Edwards Jimmy Page model and the neck on that one was too skinny for me (like a Gibson 60's neck shape).

I'm hoping the 130 will be more like a '59 rounded C shape.

If not, which Edwards model has a neck shape more like an R9?

2. Samba

Samba Member

From what I've read, the 130LTS has the same relatively slender profile as the 98LTS (which I find to be borderline skinny.) I don't know that there is a chubby necked Edwards....:(

3. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

The LTS has a slim 60s neck. The older Edwards E-LP-85-SD series had fat 50s style neck profiles. Not sure what the necks on the E-LP-92SD are currently like.

4. ethomas1013

Bummer.... I was hoping for more of a 50's neck profile on the 130. The Antiquities are definitely a plus on that model.

I have played one Edwards that had a huge '58 style neck. It belonged to a friend, and I don't know what model number it was. That one was too big for me, and for him too so he sold it.

5. ShaneGuitar

ShaneGuitar Member

I have the Edwards E-LP-92SD which used to be called the E-LP-85-SD .It has the 59 neck profile. Wouldn't trade mine for anything. I love it!

6. ethomas1013

Good info. I'll keep my eyes open for one of those.

I take it the 92SD and the 85SD have a poly finish? How is the weight on that one? The Jimmy Page Relic I had was really nice, just under 8lbs.

7. ShaneGuitar

ShaneGuitar Member

I would say mine is around or under 8 pounds. Some serious tone coming from that guitar!

8. Emiel

Emiel Member

I have a 85SD. There doesn't seem to be any differences between the 85SD and 92SD. 85 and 92 stands for 85.000 and 92.000 Yen. The price of these guitars are raised, that's the only difference. They have a poly finish, so you won't get a "reliced" guitar that soon...

My 85SD also has a 59 neck profile. For me it's the most comfortable neck I've ever played, it's right in between the '50s and '60s, which I found respectively too fat and too thin...

Edwards' Les Paul models are really nice guitars for the money, keep in mind that they do sound brighter and a bit thinner than the current Gibsons. Some say this is because the Edwards Les Pauls are based upon the Gibsons of the '50s...

9. Janne.M

Janne.M Member

My LP-98LTS have neck like what Emiel describes, slightly thinner than a Gibson Standard faded ยด50s neck, fatter than a '60's.

Very comfortable..