Edwards E-LP-98LTS Guitar.. How do you like yours?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by sanders4617, Jan 24, 2008.

1. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

I bought one of these guitars yesterday. Should be here Tuesday.

How do you guys like yours? (for those who have one)

I have never had Les Paul before.. in fact, the only guitar I have had with humbuckers was my Gibson ES-135.. which had P100s I think. Was a great guitar.. wish I wouldn't have sold it. I only had it for a couple of months.

I got a Cherry Sunburst. I noticed the finish seems to not shine a whole lot (on pictures)... although it still looks great.

Anyway, if you guys who have one could comment and let me know what you guys think about it, I would appreciate it.

2. sleis

sleis Member

love it, love it, love it

3. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

i LOVE mine!!!

here's some pics to make you salivate while you wait :)

LONG NECK TENON
    [​IMG]

THICK MAPLE CAP
    [​IMG]

SOME RANDOM PICS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You'll love yours! let us know how it goes...

4. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

by the way... the reason it doesn't look shiny is because it has a thin layer of nitro on top of a poly finish. it'll rub off with time and you'll be left with an all poly finished guitar...

For example, the back of my neck (the area which probably gets touched and rubbed more than any other) has already lost its nitro finish.

5. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

Ah I see Cyber. BTW... Are the vol/tone pots pretty good for this model? I have heard of many people replacing them on their guitars.

6. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

they're absolutely fine... they do their job no better, nor any worse, than any other well functioning pot.

don't get sucked into the whole hype that some pots sound better than others... i've used CTS pots, cheap asian pots and good japanese pots, and they're all the same IMO. as long as they're not scratchy, they're fine!

i've just ordered some new pots for my Edwards, but that's ONLY because i'm installing 4 push/pull pots to get the jimmy page options :)

7. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

Haha. Where can I get some information on the Jimmy Page options? Sounds interesting.

8. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

here ya go...

[​IMG]

if the diagram makes no sense to you, or you don't know how to solder, just get a pro to do it for ya :)

9. Speed_Racer71

Speed_Racer71 Member

the one guitar i actually regret selling :(

10. go7

go7 Member

Have had my E-LP-98-LTS for over a year. Love it. It`s a keeper. I like the neck shape so much I showed it to Scott Heatley to duplicate for 2 custom guits. Great fretwork.nut,etc. I did put an RS wiring kit ,Hovland caps, and some Wolfetone Dr. Vintage pups but then I did the same to my Gibson before I sold it. Stock it`s just fine. Not just a great guitar for the money simply a great guitar. Enjoy!

11. jbbusybee

jbbusybee Member

I am sure you have seen my post on the other Edwards thread, but had mine a week am amazed how fluid and versatile the sounds are. I really love it!

12. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

Great news - sounds like it should be great. I bought it used, but the seller says it was in perfect shape.. and had only had it a short time. The only thing was he said he had 11s on it, but he said it still played great with low action. I think I might put 10s on it.. I don't know if I can handle 11s just yet.

13. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

I have my guitar. Its awesome. I am very interested in this mod though. I can solder, but I have never worked with pickups, mostly just building effects pedals. I would love to be able to get some single coil type tones out of it. Have you done this yet? If so, how is it?

14. tfunster

tfunster Gold Supporting Member

Where is the best place to order them? Ebay? Ishibashi?

15. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

The guitar? I bought my used, although its a 2007 model and looks brand new. Yeah both of those places are good for buying one. Katana guitars (which is on ebay) and Ishibashi.

Cyberpunk.. Is there any drilling involved? And where did you buy those pots at?

16. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

17. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

Pretty cheap as well. I am thinking about doing this.. but I don't want to go drilling in my guitar. Is this a pretty simple process? Just solder some junk? =D

18. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

like i said, i'll let you know once i attempt it. right at this moment, i know as much as you do :) wish me luck hey hehe

19. sanders4617

sanders4617 Member

Ah.. I missed that part. lol. :NUTS Thanks! =D

20. yakyak

yakyak Supporting Member

Depending on the diameter of the shafts on the pots, you may have to drill the pot holes in the body to 3/8". Some Asian pots have a smaller diameter than other pots. I had to do it to my Tokai. It is easy, just run the 3/8" bit backwards as you are drilling it out so you won't splinter the top. Great looking guitars. Good luck.