Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul and Vox Brian May Amp...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by SgtThump, Jan 6, 2006.

1. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I recently picked up a new Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul replica and a Vox Brian May amp. I was experimenting around with both tonight and recorded a bunch of crap. I figured I'd share this clip for the heck of it. It's total on the spot wanking.

This Edwards JP guitar has the "super circuit" switching system and you can hear me switch between out of phase and single coil modes pretty often on this clip.

Anyway, here goes...

http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/voxbm1.mp3

Chris

2. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey sg!!!!!
    very cool !!!!!!!!
    myles

3. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Hello! Thanks!!! I should also probably mention that I was using the direct out on the little Vox amp and the reverb came from the free Krystal recording software.

4. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

how ya liking that guitar...is it fillin the Gibby void? I been gassin for one...

5. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I'm totally loving it! I plan to do a review on here before too long. I'm just waiting to get more time with it. I will tell you that it plays better than any Gibson I've ever owned (2 x Studios, Standard, Custom) and that's for sure. It also sounds quite a bit different than the LP's I've owned. I don't have them side-by-side to compare anymore, but I'd say that my Gibsons sounded a little "dead" compared to this Edwards. This guitar has such an open "lively" tone that it's crazy. I dig it for sure.

I think the quality is every bit as good as Gibson and possibly even better. This Edwards feels more "precise" for lack of a better term. The binding is perfect (fretboard and body), the frets feel excellent, and the headstock overlay with the "Edwards" inlayed logo looks a million times nicer than the Gibson inlays that are always looking crappy after a very short time.

Chris

6. bvmjethead

bvmjethead Member

That was way cool.

7. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Right on! Was that the little Vox replica of the "Deacy" that Brian May used for recording?

Mike

8. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's the little white "Deacy" replica amp. The amp at this link:

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/brianMay.htm

Not a great amp by any means, but it's ok. I'm a decent Queen fan and found it used but in mint condition in the local GC for $89, so I bought it.

Chris

9. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

nice clip bro! that LP has a killer crunch.:dude

i especially like the neck pup :AOK

10. JohnnyGtar

JohnnyGtar Member

What are good sources for the Edwards Les Pauls? Are they made by ESP?

Thank you!

Johnny

11. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks guys!!!

Yeah, "Edwards" is a section of ESP. They can't sell them in the US, because of Gibsons trademarks or patents or whatever. I believe the "Edwards" brand is only available in Japan, but I'm not sure. I know it's not available in the US, though.

I got mine off eBay. There's a seller by the name of "mijsixstringskatana" that sells and ships them to the US. Shipping is a whopping $125, but it got here in 3-4 days!

12. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Just a quick bump, then I'll let it die a slow and painful death.

13. omarxx

omarxx Supporting Member

I was thinking about getting one of those little screamin' amps. For the price, it's almost a no-brainer.