Edwards les paul custom w/ p-90s

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mazman, Feb 10, 2008.

1. mazman

mazman Supporting Member

Just ordered one from Japan. Should be here next week. Anyone got any experience with one of these?

2. kherman

kherman Member

:AOK I'll be waiting for pics!

3. Slideman

Slideman Member

mazman,

I've had one for about 3 months now. Excellent playing and sounding guitar. I really like the SD pickups (they are surprisingly quiet for P90's) and the neck is nice and chuncky (the way I like it). My tech set the action really low..now I know what they meant by fretless wonder... it's so easy to play. There were no finish or cosmetic flaws whatsover. The high E string saddle needed to be adjusted, but that was it right out of the box. You'll enjoy it.

4. tone4days

tone4days Member

which japanese seller did you use? .. i have emails into ishibashi and katana inquiring about an edwards ... curious as to which seller give best results

enjoy yours!

t4d

5. mazman

mazman Supporting Member

Katana on Ebay. No problems as of yet. Just ordered Thursday.

6. c_mac

c_mac Member

I was gonna buy one but got a chance to buy back my EBMM Silhouette Special that I sold a few years ago, I just had to jump on it.

7. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

That's my favorite Edwards Les Paul...I wish the made it in a lefty version...on a related note, back in December and old band of mine did a reunion show...our other guitarist Peter Stroud shows up with an original 1956 Les Paul Custom...awesome guitar.

8. go7

go7 Member

Was my 1st Edwards purchase. Bought from Tak at Katana guitars. Wonderful and flawless. Great transaction. Put Wolfetone vintage P90`s and a RS wiring kit. Enjoy!

9. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

I bought my Edwards LP from Tak last May...great guy, the whole tranaction was a breeze, got my guitar from Japan to Georgia in four. Did you get the little Katana flashlight with yours?

10. TattooedCarrot

TattooedCarrot Supporting Member

Is there any import tax due when ordering one of these from Japan to the USA?

11. frisco kid

frisco kid Member

How cool! Peter Stroud is one of my favorite players. Very tasteful guitar work...

12. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

I had one for a while; it was an all mahogany body. Is the one you're buying a maple top? I mighta liked mine better if I got rid of the overly hot Duncans; sounded too Clapton-y. Sold it to get a sixties SG; I'm much happier now.
    I used to play a '56 (or was it a '55? It was on loan.) LP Custom, and the Edwards was not even close. Well, they look somewhat similar...