Edwards Relic Telecaster has arrived (E-TE-120M/RE)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mvsr990, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mvsr990

mvsr990 Supporting Member

Not much info out there on these, so maybe this will help a random Google searcher down the road.

Lacquer top - seems like a fairly thin finish (even compared to the American Teles I tried at Guitar Center), not sure if it's just lacquer or lacquer over poly. The relicing is light, but a little cheesy (since the metal is all shiny and new, and you've got a finish coat over the relicing) - I would have preferred it to not be reliced at all.

Heavy - a borrowed scale says 10 pounds, but I'm not sure if that's just the lowest weight it will measure. Somewhere in the 9-10 pound range seems right. But it's very resonant, more than any of the Fenders I tried.

Neck feels like a chunky v-shape - not a Nocaster, but thick enough for comfort. Pretty sure it's a 7.25" radius and vintage frets, but I can't be certain.

Seymour Duncan Antiquity pickups fore and aft - didn't really get a chance to try them out yet, but they sounded nice and clear through my Blackheart 5W amp.

2. mvsr990

The finish is paler, not so yellow in person, and grain shows through behind the bridge.

[​IMG]

3. mvsr990

4. ToneCrafter

ToneCrafter Member

Beautiful! Congrats and happy new guitar day! :)

5. jowe

jowe Member

i think it looks amazing.