Edwards White Beauty Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Aeonis, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Alright guys :)

I have ordered an edwards les paul through Ebay and it is already on its way towards me. I received a track 'n trace number from EMS and I'm curious if the guitar is packed ridiculously good, as most people say he does that.

I didn't order a 92CD (as I first intended to), I've ordered a 3 pickup White Beauty :)

[​IMG]

Mahogany wood, Gotoh tuners/bridge, 3x seymour duncan pickups, Ebony fingerboard, Nitro finish

What do you think of it? :)

2. kherman

kherman Member

Looks awesome.
    Welcome to the Edwards Club.

Be sure to post more pics when you get her.

3. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Ofcourse :) Damn.. I can hardly wait :p

4. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

Beauty!! Congrats... I love the three pup configuration ;)

5. GibbyFan

GibbyFan Member

Wow! I'm sure you are on pins and needles. I hate those few days of waiting for a new acquisition to come in. I've got a new Strat coming on Thu and it's killing me.

6. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

Nice! Do you know which Duncan's are in it?

7. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Neck and Middle - SH-1n
    Bridge - SH-4

8. go7

go7 Member

Congrats; A beauty. Enjoy!

9. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

I hope I will :p Let's pray that it won't arrive in 2 pieces haha

10. Mikey2201

Mikey2201 Member

11. 5E3

5E3 Member

Awesome! I'm jealous :D

12. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Code:
    Jul 14 14:20
    Posting/Collection 

NAGOYA Branch
    Aichi prefecture
    450-8799

------------------------

Jul 14 23:08
    Dispatch from outward office of exchange 

CHUBU INTERNATIONAL Branch
    Aichi prefecture
    479-0199

------------------------

Jul 16 14:08
    Arrival at inward office of exchange

AMSTERDAM EXP     NETHERLANDS

------------------------

Jul 16 14:08
    Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

AMSTERDAM EXP     NETHERLANDS
    Now thats fast! :D :D

2 days from Japan to the Netherlands.. Now its all up to customs.. it might take 10 days max :S.. they aren't very fast in the Netherlands :(

13. kherman

kherman Member

Oh, the agonizing wait.

But, it'll have been worth it.

14. loiking

loiking Member

I thought i was gonna have that with my CIJ Fender, but it only took 2 mins in customs! I was very pleased...

15. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Yeh, but you are from Australia :)

Here in the Netherland it will take up to 10 days :S .. they might send you a letter that they wan't a copy of your payment etc.. then you send that back.. then you have to wait for another letter which will give u the price u have to pay for import and then a few days later they will come to your home.

16. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Hey :D - I've got it!!!

After I payed the import tax to the mail courier this afternoon, he grabbed a big box from his van that had "fragile, guitar" written on it. The box didn't seem damaged at all, so a big smile appeared on my face! :)

I immediately grabbed my camera to take some nice pictures for you guys ;)

This is the box:

[​IMG]

All the necessary paperwork was pasted on to the box, which is of course nice for a fast settlement at customs. (It had my paypal check, a description of the content "edwards 3-pu guitar" etc..)

I opened the box at the side and had quite a struggle there to pull the content out of it (it was very tight). To my amazement I pulled a lot of bubblewrap out of it, with something inside of it that didn't look like a gigbag at all!:

[​IMG]

It was a very nice brown hardshell case. The smile on my face became bigger, since I totally wasn't counting on this.

[​IMG]

I opened the case and saw this:

[​IMG]

After staring at the beautiful color for like 5 minutes, I decided to check 'n see what's underneath it ;)

Behold (aaaaaah, oooh :p):

[​IMG]

An Edwards White Beauty Les Paul Custom! ;)

The strings were nicely loosened and after a thorough inspection I wasn't able to find a single scratch! She looks seriously perfect! The frets are super, the binding is very very nice and the lacquer is very sweet as well!

The stories that I've read about the finish of Edwards guitars are in my opinion totally not exaggerated, the guitar simply looks awesome! :D

17. Aeonis

Aeonis Member

Here are some pictures ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------

The neck is great! In my opinion, it has the perfect thickness. It is slightly thinner than a 50's style gibson lp neck and slightly thicker than the 60's lp neck.

The guitar is quite heavy, but certainly a lot lighter than a gibson or epiphone les paul custom! It nice I think, nice 'n bearable.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to play on it yet, since we are working on the house (rebuilding), but the guitar has no fret buzz, toggle/pots/pickups obviously work, intonation is outstanding and it stays in tune very very well!

It certainly has that warm 'n full les paul sound, but I can't tell you much about the sound just yet. It does have a way better sustain than my Ibanez RG321 MH though! The action was a tad too high in my opinion, but thats easy to fix.

I have to say though, that the plastic parts on the guitar are pretty cheap (the treble rhythm thingy at the toggle and the cover plates at the back of the guitar aren't very good). Especially not for a country that is known for it's fantastic action figures and giant robots. The strings weren't very good either, but it has a nice pair of 0.10 ernie ball strings (skinny top, heavy bottom) on it now.

So what do think?? I can't keep my eyes from it haha :D

I am very glad that I've ordered a guitar from Japan and my respect goes to Hisashi!! His description of the guitar was correct, he replied to my emails pretty fast and I received a track 'n trace number an hour after I made the purchase. The guitar was shipped from Japan on monday last week, it arrived at the Netherlands on wednesday last week, it went through customs yesterday and made it to my door at 5 'o clock today! Moreover, he shipped it in a hardshell case, while I expected it to came in a gigbag :) Lucky me!

I bought it here: [​IMG]eBay My World - hisashi0731

18. Hackubus

Hackubus Member

19. eVITAERC

eVITAERC Member

Just curious Hacku, how did you de-solder the pickup covers? The amount of solder on mine is so thick that I simply gave up after 30 minutes of fruitless heating.

20. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Awsome pics! Great looking axe!