Ef86

blues junkie

Looking for a very good EF86 for my Clubman what are some recommendations and who should I contact.I talked to Bob at Eurotubes and he had nothing also Lordvalve had nothing either.So who's the guy to call?
THANKS.
CHUCK.

michael30

Platinum Supporting Member
The Dario Miniwatt is a pretty good deal. I've done some good deals on ebay. There is always a risk buying from unknown vendors but if you take the time to study the subject and learn to read between the lines you'll save a lot of money.

Michael

ducmike

Gold Supporting Member
Mike at KCA will be able to help you. The Dario is an excellent EF86, and Mike has a good price on them.

big mike

Platinum Supporting Member
Originally posted by ducmike
Mike at KCA will be able to help you. The Dario is an excellent EF86, and Mike has a good price on them.
I got one from Mike for my Z28, and it's great.

Blue Strat

I've sold a couple hundred of these to Z owners (and others) with very good results.

PUCKBOY99

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by blues junkie
Looking for a very good EF86 for my Clubman what are some recommendations and who should I contact.I talked to Bob at Eurotubes and he had nothing also Lordvalve had nothing either.So who's the guy to call?
THANKS.
CHUCK.
Hey Chuck.....check your PMs:D

heybulldog

any suggestions for an 86 that would darken up my clubman. i have a re branded mullard in there now and it seems to be a little unstable- mostly sounds good but sometimes gets bright and gainy for no reason.

Killa-B

Try a used Telefunken. You can find them on ebay for cheap, and they last a very very long time. I had some objection to the brightness I was getting with the mesh plate mullard tubes in a DC30. The Telefunken just wiped that out instantly, and I liked the tone much better--smoother overdrive. Hard to find a microphonic tele.

heybulldog

is there a new production 86 that is darker sounding that i can use untill i find some teles here in the US?. evrything on ebay now is overseas and in large groups! thanx

Killa-B

I got most of mine from German guys on ebay. Great deals on great tubes. I could list many good German tube sellers if you'd like (PM me).

I'm sure Mike from KCA can find you one also.

Killa-B

Killa's right about the Tele. Hey Killa, I posted my review in the original thread. The Tele is noticabley darker than the Dario, it's very smooth and has a little more gain.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/108067
Glad you liked it Mike! If you want to take it a step further, search for the premium Tele EF86, the EF806. I bought a couple new in the box from German ebay guys for about $70 a piece. Less noise, and maybe a tad brighter. Most love those tubes in the old mics that use the 86s.

Trending Topics