Effect Pedals boutique SRB808 2 in 1.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Heady Jam Fan, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Any of you guys use this? The price is great for the 2 in 1 (dual) and they said they can do the standard 808 in the OD1 position and a standard 9 in the OD2 position (rather than the voicing they usually do with more bass/less mids).

How would this compare to the Analogman Silvers? I have two and this would hypothetically replace them. The benefit being I could sell the Silvers for quite a bit more than the SRB808 would cost and would only take up one 9v spot on my Furman.

2. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

3. guitarz1972

guitarz1972 Member

I had the single-button version a few years ago. Great, great stuff man. Can't speak for how it compares to AM silver mods, never used those. But Dave Wireman's SRB stuff is about as much 808 goodness as you can get from all I've seen and heard.

4. kstrat62

kstrat62 Member

I've got the single version too. An old one from back when there were no graphics on them. KILLER, VERSATILE OD! I love the 808 and marshall setting on it.

5. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

I used to have one. I can't compare it to the AnalogMan ones (haven't played those). But it works very well for stacking Tubescreamer overdrives like Trey, assuming that is something you're looking for. I liked how it only took 1 power spot. The one I had I found here in the emporium and it was a tad bit smaller...I think there are two sizes of the 2-in-1 if I recall correctly. I've seen them go for around $140-150 used in the emporium.

6. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Thanks guys!

Monk - I am going for the Trey type thing, but also using one side for the vintage, classic rock tone with a dirty amp.

As well as comparing the the AM Silvers, how about to an original, 80's TS?

7. tnt365

tnt365 Supporting Member

I had the 2in1, twice, and would get another one if I could fit it on my board. I will most likely get a single SRB808+ in the near future.

The Marshall clipping mode beat out a ton of Marshall in a box pedals, including the Crunchbox, TS808 Keeley modded, and the Wampler Plexi-Drive. The clean boost was my favorite feature, it adds the perfect amount of compression with little or no clipping (your choice), it also added a little brightness but smoothed out the treble at the same time. The "perfected TS808" setting is pretty much the Marshall clipping with more mids, great for solos by itself, but I usually used Marshall clipping and the boost for solos. The boost also became a sort of "always on" pedal for cleans and overdrive. Great prices as well.

8. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I've had the single SRB for a few years and it's a great pedal. Many other 'great' pedals have arrived here and been sent out over the years, but this one hangs around. I don't always use it for lead tones, but when I do, it gets the job done well. Can't be beat for the bucks. As always with pedals and all things in life, ymmv ;)

jon

9. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Just wanted to say, I'm a huge fan of the SRB product line. Really great stuff!!

10. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Cool - it looks awesome.

I know some of the pedals come with a 3 way clipping toggle (a few people mentioned it above) - one setting is for clean - does that still have the mid hump and compression as if using a TS9 as a clean boost? I was thinking that would be sweet to have as a third footswitch.

11. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

I remember preferring it to a TS9 I had. The 3 clipping modes were very cool. I used to like one side in the TS mode and the other in the clean mode. I seem to recall the clean mode having the same mid boost...it gave good sustain when cranked and don't think it was totally clean. The Marshall mode didn't sound very Marshall like to my ears...relative to say a Box of Rock, Distortron, DLS, etc.