Effector 13 Silicon Transistor Tri-Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by thezeng, Jan 26, 2008.

1. thezeng

thezeng Member

i can get this second hand. the reviews here dont really say much, but how does this effect stack up next to other fuzzes? whats it similar to?

2. Lintybits

Lintybits Member

depends which version you're talking about, there are a couple different ones. It was the precursor to a lot of Devi's other stuff but I'm not sure what it turned into. Maybe close to a fuzz factory on some of the squealing settings.

I had one with 4 knobs & 2 switches, sort of a thin sounding high gain fuzz that oscillated like crazy. It was great in a feedback loop but tough to use in a normal setting. 2 switches on mine went between a tamer low gain fuzz and a crackle setting that needed a really strong signal to work.

If you're looking to make some crazy noise you should get it.

3. thezeng

thezeng Member

sorry, but whats a feedback loop.
    this is the one
    [​IMG]

4. Lintybits

Lintybits Member

that's the same one I had. It's a cool pedal, just depends what you're going for.

A feedback loop takes the signal from any pedals inside the loop and sends it back thru the pedals. Some stuff doesn't work in a feedback loop, but the tri fuzz sounded awesome - nice layered oscillations that you could control the pitch of with the guitar volume knob.

5. thezeng

thezeng Member

yep just saw your post on the devi forums. does it sound similar to the disaster fuzz?

6. Lintybits

Lintybits Member

sorry man, never tried a DF.

Looking at the Evolution thread on Devi's site, sounds like the tri fuzz went on to become part of the TBD