Effectrode effect pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by peridot1, Dec 25, 2009.

1. peridot1

peridot1 Member

I'm interested in their modulation pedals (vibe, chorus, trem, phaser). Anybody have/played these?

My tube drive came in yesterday. The soundclips on their site is accurate. I like the clips of the effects. I wondering how 'quiet' their modulation pedals are. Don't want any background noise.

2. peridot1

peridot1 Member

bump

the clips sound very good

3. 54GT

54GT Silver Supporting Member

I love my effectrode vibe. I have tried many and the only one I liked as much is the Ultra II. The effectrode gets the classic sounds (Trower etc) but also has a pretty wide range of effects relative to most of the others I tried. Definitely worth a listen if you are looking for a great vibe, and never had a moment's trouble - seems built like a tank

4. trickness

trickness Analog with a side of DSP

I had a Vibe as well, and it was defective out of the box, as I turned the rate up I got a high pitched noise that increased in volume with the rate - very annoying. Returned it for a full refund, didn't want to deal with any hassles.

I did get some sounds out of it with the rate dialed back that were lush, but honestly, $400? I sold a Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe to fund it, and I don't think it was that much better. I like the audiophile aspirations of the Effectrode stuff, and the builder seems like a guy you'd want to support. But too much $$ IMHO.

5. peridot1

peridot1 Member

Yeah they're expensive. Thing is my tube drive is the most organic amp-like OD I ever played. Became my main lead solo unit overnight. Problem is I can't stack it with another gain without severe hum and feedback. By itself it's great but I can't see this as a boost. That's why I was wondering about noise on their modulations.

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    The squeeling was probably a bad tube, which are super easy to change on those pedals.

TheGrooveking

7. 100JH

100JH Member

I have the Tube Vibe and the Delta Trem...both are amazing. Customer Service is outstanding (Phil and Sam)! Expensive and big, but definitely worth it. There are a bunch of threads if you need more...Heres one...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=605037

search under effectrode, tube vibe, delta trem etc...

Some think that they may be too expensive, or prefer another pedal for one reason or another, personally I love 'em.

8. peridot1

peridot1 Member

^ Thx for that. Seems like everybody likes them. No complaints of noise.

Bit of an update. Tube drive does take gain pedals, just not mid to high gain ones. I was advised to swap the 12ax7s for 12au7s. I did. Now it's a tube boost for higher gains. Thanks guys.

9. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

I've got the Vibe and Vibra-Chorus--both are fantastic but I honestly think the VC is the more interesting box... no other modulation out there sounds like it. its amazing imo, incredibly beautiful and (yes, sorry for the buzzword but it really does apply) organic sound that sort of envelops your tone rather than covering it up. Its really special.

10. guitarnoize

guitarnoize Member

11. deathbyska76

deathbyska76 Member

man, i love phasers. i want that phasomatic deluxe so so so bad. but i have no space/power for it :(.....not to mention, funding.

12. boogiejem

boogiejem Member

I've had the phaseomatic for about a year now and honestly you get what you pay for with this pedal. It's easily the most organic and versatile phaser out there and no noise! These pedals do incorporate positive feedback to deepen the effect and are sensitive to the input impedance so can self oscillate if the input is disconnected. I'm intreagued by the VC but wonder if is different enought from the Phaseomatic to justify?