• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Effectrode Glass-A Triode Buffer

jonthomas83

I know it's a naive question, but I'm assuming that Effectrode effects need tube replacements like any other tube based instrument, ie. an amp!?!

soulsonic

I know it's a naive question, but I'm assuming that Effectrode effects need tube replacements like any other tube based instrument, ie. an amp!?!
Yeah, though in its defense, those submini tubes are supposed to last a long time. But...not one you can just run down to the shop and get a replacement for, unfortunately.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the heads up. Glass-A buffer has many features making it appealing device:
- tube design (I like tubes)
- cathode follower is biased to operate in a pure Class A mode (it always helps to get good sound)
- good components
- I guess it is well built like all Effectrode pedals
- it's a nice looking device

A few minor issues:
- I'd replace polyester caps with polypropylene ones to call parts audiophile grade
- High quality switch mode PSU won't let your audiophile parts to shine. It's a good idea to replace it with a decent linear PSU.

All in all it's a nice buffer. If you use active PUs, long guitar cable and have no problem with its price probably Glass-A buffer is made for you.

Last edited:
$$$ but love mine.

A different flavor to my valvulator and black box.

It is really useful AFTER drive pedals and end of chain applications as the class A adds a certain sweetness, ( HARMONICS) the others do not.
As a buffer it is great, extremely rich and musical with great feel, a bit less compression than 12ax7, more bounce. The form factor is great also.

jmelm

Gold Supporting Member
Bump on this. Has anyone else tried this? I've come to realize I may need a buffer, and wondering about this one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom