Effects loop set up

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MrRobChappers, Feb 28, 2012.

1. MrRobChappers

MrRobChappers Member

Hey! I'm trying to set up my effects loop and im not too sure on the order/where my pedals should be. I have a VOX V847 Wah pedal, Electro-Harmonix POG2, MXR Micro Amp and a Korg Pitchblack tuner. Running through a Orange 4x10 cab with a Rockerverb 50 MKII head. Any help/advice would be greatly appriciated!
    Rob

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I dont think any of those need to go into the effect loop honestly. The only one that might be interesting in the loop is the Micro Amp; it will give more volume than distortion until the PI (and/or power tubes) start to overdrive, which can be a nice effect, rather than in front of the pre-amp, it will make the preamp tubes distort pretty quickly when they run out of headroom.

Wah in the loop would have too strong an effect IMO.

Most people run time based effects (modulation, delay and reverb) in the effect loop.

EDIT: if you mean your pedal order / signal chain in front of the amp, I don't think the order matters much. I would probably go tuner>wah>POG>Micro Amp.

3. MrRobChappers

MrRobChappers Member

the micro amp in the effects loop is killer for guitar solos, especially when in a band and you need the extra boost. You were right about the Wah, destroyed the tone, same case with the POG. Cheers for your help! :)

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

No prob - I'm glad I read your review on the Micro Pog in the loop - I don't have a loop but always wondered about that (as well as if I could get a ross compressor to work in there, but that is very doubtful I think).