Effects loop with TRS insert cable (Jackson Ampworks Britain)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by emont88, Feb 11, 2012.

1. emont88

emont88 Member

I'm trying to figure out the best way to hook up to the effects loop on my Jackson Britain 3.0. It has a TRS jack that has to be split with an insert cable with the Tip being the effects send and the Ring being the effects return. Not sure if there are other amps that have their effects loop like that (pretty sure they did it that way just to save space on the Britain).

I found some basic HOSA insert cables that would do the trick, but they're short (I found lengths between 3 and 12 feet) and compared to the rest of my cables, I feel like HOSA would be a pretty big step down in quality/durability.
    Here's a link: http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20

I'm not sure if the best approach is to try to find a higher quality and longer insert cable, or to perhaps find an adaptor (male TRS end and two female TS connectors) so that I could use the cables I already have. Anyone else gone through this and found a good solution?

2. Nork

Nork Member

i don't have a lot of experience, but i feel like you could probably build your own pretty simply if you have that sort of drive out of whatever components you wants. seems pretty simple...