Effects than don't suck tone.

ljdsam

Just spent a very frustrating day looking for a delay and a chorus or similar to go in the FX loop of my new Elmwood Modena 60.

Everything seemed to kill the tone even when switched off.

And hardly anything locally available has a "true bypass".

I tried:
Boss CH-1 (yuck)
Boss CE-5 (better)
Boss DD-6 (so-so)
Line 6 EchoPark (Muffled)
T-Rex Replicator (possibly the best but serious £££)
Fulltone Choral Flange (didn't like it)
VS H2O (not bad, but no tap tempo)
T C Nova Delay (pretty good actually).

So far the winners are the TC Nova and the CE-5, but only the TC was one I couldn't detect any significant tone change.

What do people suggest?

Maybe I need new cables!

rob2001

Some loops alter tone all on thier own. Try running a high grade short cable and seeing how much change there is. Otherwise, length and quality of the cables matter too.

I had a tube buffered loop installed on an amp and it still alters the tone with good cables and true bypass pedals. It can be a tradeoff of sorts sometimes.

ljdsam

Some loops alter tone all on thier own. Try running a high grade short cable and seeing how much change there is. Otherwise, length and quality of the cables matter too.

I had a tube buffered loop installed on an amp and it still alters the tone with good cables and true bypass pedals. It can be a tradeoff of sorts sometimes.
That's a great idea, wish I'd thought of that. Right, plan: test every cable I have, ditch the iffy ones and start again...

Trending Topics