Effects Unit Help

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jason Carter, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

So I'm a pedal guy. I have always wanted to do a wet/dry/wet rig. I've put most of the pieces together. I'm not up to date on digital processors. I'm looking for a rack mount unit that has a good Delay, Chorus and Reverb. Is the TC G Force a good option. The pedals I currently use for these effects are a Deep Blue Delay, Wet Reverb and TC Chorus Pedal. They meet my needs and I'm happy. I actually just thought about getting a set of Tone Print pedals instead of using a rack unit. I'm open for suggestions. I like David Gilmour when it comes to effects tones.

The setup would be:

Guitar==>Pedal Board (overdrives only)==>Amp==>Suhr ISO Line Out==>effects==>Stereo Power Amp==>Cabs

Also from the Suhr ISO would be dry cab. The line out would be going to the wet signal(effects)

2. rsm

rsm Member

The G-Force is kinda dated unless they updated it? It was / is a killer effects processor though. Then again, I dig TC Electronic / Helicon so verify for yourself ;)

You may want to have a look at the G-Major-2, 1U rack unit may do what you need. I have the G-System (may be over kill for your needs) and Nova System (not rack).

3. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

thanks,

I'm not up to date on anything digital. I'm going to do some digging. Thanks for the options to check out.

4. minty901

minty901 Member

Off-topic but I keep seeing wet/dry/wet written about here. What does it mean? I mean I know what a dry signal is and the wet signal of an effect, but what is WDW referring to?

5. ChrisVereb

ChrisVereb Member

You run a three channel setup where you run the center channel dry, and then have a left and right channel with your reverb and delay applied. Check out Brian May's rig rundown video to see it implemented with three AC-30's. I think it's actually built in to the Amplifi amps as well. There's a guitar speaker for center dry sounds, and a pair of HIFI speakers left and right for the delay/reverb guitar sounds plus streaming playback.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/how-to-create-a-wet-dry-wet-amp-rig-1025-2012.aspx