• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Egnater Amp Building Class w/Bruce Egnater?

ToneLounge

Guitar Maker
Gold Supporting Member
I just spent a couple of days with Bruce at his place outside of Detroit...

We were talking and he mentioned he will be doing another couple of rounds of his amp building class/seminar. This is where you spend two days building your own amp with he and his wife Terri, and when you are done, you leave with a fully functioning hot-rod Marshall. They teach and help all along the way, and on the second day you learn how to mod it and tweak it to your own desires.

I'm going to go and wondered if anyone else from here is going?

The dates are November 3 & 4 (there is one space available in this class)

He also mentioned another class on the weekend of November 10 & 11.

You can email Bruce and he will send you a doc with all the details:
BEgnater@aol.com

Anybody go to one of the original classes and care to comment?

Thanks,
B

ken374

Were at? I played his plexi that was built in his class, it was at motor city guitar. Head was something like 650 I think and had a master volume, it sounded good!

ToneLounge

Guitar Maker
Gold Supporting Member
The class is $1,600 - includes the amp kit, instruction, and some food. Travel and hotel are on your own. Bruce can send complete details.

bruce egnater

I'm glad Brian could "stop by" while he was on this side of the country. Had dinner at the Polish Kitchen in Hamtramck, MI. The only "real" place for absolutely authentic Polish cooking. Hamtramck has an interesting history. The city was originally built to be a replica of Warsaw, Poland so the Polish immigrants coming to the US had a familiar place to live. Not quite the same nowadays but still has some of the original restaurants and bakeries.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Hi Bruce....any word on the new Modular E2 or Modular amps?

Pat Healy

It doesn't look I'll I'll be able to swing this with work and family commitments...I'm super bummed. Last I heard, there was still one spot open for one of you lucky bastards....:FM ;)

guitarvc

I went to the class in 07 and it was killer. I'd like to do it again, but cant swing it until next year with the work schedule.

Sean Doty

I went to one of these several years ago and had a great time (plus the amp circuit you build is fantastic). Highly recommended for anyone interested in amp circuits/kit building/homebrew et cetera. My only complaint was that it only lasted two days - the Egnaters were wonderful hosts!

earthlydescent

I've wanted to do this soooooo badly. I just can't afford it. Even the wife wanted to pay the fee at one point. She saw how excited I was, but alas with a two year old and a mortgage on a new home. Amp Seminar Dreams will take the backseat... :(

I met Bruce at Guitar Center in Southfield, what a cool, down-to-earth guy. Even took the time to say "Take Care" and "Your playing is really nice" on the way out.

Kudos to him. To those who attend, have fun!

Guitarfool

Wait a second

Didnt he do this a few years ago and then STOPPED doing it about 2 years or so ago? I guess he started up again, where was the announcement? I would love to go attend a class if this was a regular thing

:dude

Koop

Thanks so much for posting this. I just emailed Bruce, I live nearby and would love the opportunity to learn.

Guitarfool

Thanks so much for posting this. I just emailed Bruce, I live nearby and would love the opportunity to learn.
Please keep us updated and if possible any pics

Also does he give a option for the actual model for you to build, can you choose from a differnet bunch? Just wondering

Koop

Please keep us updated and if possible any pics

Also does he give a option for the actual model for you to build, can you choose from a differnet bunch? Just wondering

I'll try to find time for a few pics, but realistically I know once I get into the building mode I tend to be pretty focused and not apt to take time out for picture taking.

The amp build is a hot rodded (Bruce's mods) Marshall JCM 800 circuit, including effects loop. He needs to put together the components required for each build so choosing your build isn't an option. On the day 2 you can go through additional tweaks and mods to get the sound you're after (from what I read in the description). I sent my registration to Bruce today for the Nov 10 -11 course - I think I was already counted when he said one seat left. I think the last time he did this was four years ago so no telling when or if it'll happen again. Time to step up!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom