1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Egnater M4 is on the way!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by robbph37, Jan 8, 2008.

1. robbph37

robbph37 Member

I ordered the Egnater M4 3 weeks ago and it is on the way. My E5 and Twin Mod will be right behind it but I will have the Vox and Sl2 mod to play with. I ordered from dave at Indoor Storm. I am impressed that they where able to get my Mod on the way so soon. Review to follow for any who may want it. I am sure I will be monitoring its travel progress as it travels to Ky.

2. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    You'll love it! THe M4 is such a killer piece, everyone of the modules are sonic masterpieces.

TheGrooveking

3. Electric I

Electric I Member

'Grats to you. Can't go wrong with anything Egnater. Used to own a TOL100 & have since scaled down to his Randall-designed line in an RM20B combo.

4. guitarist58

guitarist58 Member

I'm jealous! :mad: ....... . . . ;) Congrats, robbph37! :AOK

5. Dantana

Dantana Member

I picked up an M4 2 weeks ago and so far I am absolutely blown away :dude! I got mine with the COD, TD, SL2, and Erect mods. I also picked up a Carvin TS 100 on the cheap and am having some mods done to it (external bias points, triode/pentode switch). Should be a pretty good match for the M4. I'll be running it in stereo with one channel EL-34s and one channel 6L6's. I've got to say that the Egnater modules have amazing depth and character. I'll try to post some clips when I get the power amp back. I can see now that I'll be spending lots of $ on the remaining modules:jo! Congrats on the M4, and keep us posted.

Dan

6. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Congrats. I started with an ie4 back in the day, then many amps later, along comes an M4, now two MOD50s! I still have the M4 in a studio rack. It will never go.

I started a TGP thread for a collective Egnater clip collection here. Feel free to stop by and add some of yours.:cool:

7. hjcooper

hjcooper Member

I just got mine for Christmas. You're gonna love it

8. robbph37

robbph37 Member

John,
    I have heard your clips. Good stuff man! I am excited and honestly I hope this settles my amp search for a long time. I am worn out looking and listening to clips. It was fun at first then it just became frustrating. there are so many great amp makers out there that it was a tough choice. I went from looking at a David Bray Marshall, to a Slawn QR, to a Matchless Independance, to a Wizard ( Ha Ha if you can get one) and finally I saw the Egnater. That much diversity was too much to pass up. The sound clips on Youtube was a big help as well. Well dont laugh but I am off to list my Prophesy on Ebay!

9. Roodyrocker

Roodyrocker Member

One of my amps is the Randall RM 100 and I have stopped by the Egnater booth at NAMM every year for the past 5 years to hear their stuff. I think you will be very happy! Congrats on that M4!

10. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

I have a Mod 50 with SL2 and TD modules. It is the best gigging rig I have ever had. I like it even more than my Shiva...more versatile and slightly better tonally. I will get the Vox and EG5 modules next, and may look into getting the M4 preamp and a couple more modules so I can have them all at my disposal for stage use. I used to think that I had to sacrifice tone for versatility...but no more. Bruce has done it!

Enjoy your setup. I think you will be even happier id you use Egnater's power amp as well...either the Mod 100 or 50. Power amps are very important to overall tone, and Egnaters are first rate!

11. robbph37

robbph37 Member

I have a VHT2502 retubed with Rubyel34bstr. Do you think Egnater power is better? I really like this power amp but again the M4 is not here yet .

12. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks man, I bet it can get pretty overwhelming. Since the Egnater modular stuff, I have stopped worrying about it. Running my band - writing, engineering, producing, booking, promoting, etc. etc., I just don't have time to be wasting running around looking for this and that amp. There are so many great amps out there these days, it's ridiculous, but, their stuff just NAILs everything I need for the unforeseeable future.

On the VHT 2/50/2 versus MOD 50 power section. I like the flexibility and voicing options of the VHT, but I guess I like the overall color of the MOD 50 power section more. It also gets super-recordable tones in low power mode at a very reasonable volume for smaller rooms. The VHT is louder overall. It should require a hunting license!

Have fun!

13. robbph37

robbph37 Member

Well the brown truck arrived with my Egnater M4. The Vox and Sl2 are with it. My E5 and Twin should arrive next week. So far after 1 hour of jamming I love the Vox Mod sounds. Channel 1 and 2 are great. The SL2 I am not so sure about. It seems very bassy no matter what I do. Suggestions? It has a good sound but I wish I could get more bass out of it. Yes I dialed down the bass and boost but still not sure. Maybe thats the way it is supposed to be but it does cut through. I am a big delay and slight Chorus guy. What do I use with this preamp? Keep in mind I am already out $2k so it needs o be an affordable option. My music budget is blasted right now. Very happy overall. I am sure the SL2 will grow on me.