Egnater Mod50 - Amp Slayer...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LavaMan, Feb 28, 2008.

1. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

Although still in honeymoon period, everything I have read is true - this amp can do it all and in spades. I have the Bman and SL2 Modules w/reverb and it is hands down it is the most versatile great sounding on very channel amp I have ever played.

One of the comments I read over and over from various sources was that this amp will cure my Amp G.A.S - at this point I completely agree, epsecially worth the ability to add more modules...

The Bman module is dead on - immediately reminded me of 50's tweed bassman I played through awhile back.

The SL2 can do Plexi ot Heavy and everything inbetween....

EGNATER MOD50 - - AMPSLAYER!

Can't wait to take it to the next jam....

2. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

Sweet Lava Man, those have been on my radar for awhile now. Let me ask you, or others that have the amp, how does it do at lower volumes? I'm not talking bedroom volumes, but how about less than ear blistering?

Thanks!

3. NuSkoolTone

NuSkoolTone Member

Yeah as an RM4 owner, I'm dying to get one! However I wish it held more than 2 modules. I know they are adding that expansion thing, but it's expensive and extra gear to schlep.

Once you have two modules, you'll want more! I know you could choose two that are appropriate for the gig and for all intents it's already a 4 channel amp, but just sayin'.

4. LavaMan

Sounds great - I play at jams mostly and cannot crank it too loud...

5. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

It's definitely on my short list. (T/D, SL2 modules please)
    Along with the Glaswerks.

Ooooh...this amp GAS is gonna kill me!
    (or my wife will...)

S.
    j

6. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

I've had one with those very same Modules. I miss it to this day. I LOVED the medium crunch the Bassman delivered. The only thing I needed on that was a clean boost for solo's, and I covered EVERYTHING.

EP

7. Markgtr

Markgtr Member

Sounds real interesting. What guitars are you using with it?

8. LavaMan

Stevenson Pop Classic H/S/S and Tom Anderson Cobra S H/H

9. Markgtr

Markgtr Member

I had a Cobra a while back, cool guitar but I like a 25.5 " scale length on bolt ons. Never heard of a Pop Classic though. I've been meaning to check out Egnater stuff for a while now. Sounds like you got a great setup there.

10. LavaMan

Stevenson's are beautiful - kind of mix of an Anderson and Suhr but priced a little lower made in Canada: http://www.stevensonguitars.com

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

11. mach5

mach5 Member

I've recently coming aware of the Egnater scene. What I've heard of the Mod 50 variations are fantastic (the Tourmasters at GC are not). How's the red-faced IE4 preamps?

12. Smakutus

Smakutus Member

They kick ass.. I have a red preamp in my rack and a pre-Rocktron MICA 100 watt combo. They do 1) Blackface Fender clean, 2) SRV Fender style dirt, 3) Modded master volume Marshall, and 4) beyond that..

They even sound good at a whisper like volume..

Jeff

13. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Supporting Member

I love mine!! The Bassman and SL2 are unreal. I stupidly traded my bassman for a T/D and although I love the T/D, I should have held on to the bassman. I have the VX, T/D, SL2 and EG5. They all rock!!

I've had it for many months now and I really don't have much desire to look at any other amps, which is really strange!!

It is funny though, most times when I recommend the Mod 50 in a thread, it just gets passed by with no comment or response. Done it several times on here and on the Duncan forum. Maybe the Lava man can get more interest in a great amp!

14. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

Well I'll second that! MOD 50 is it. I don't even try out other amps, they have everything you need.

15. LavaMan

Takin er' out again tonight....ah the tones to be had!