• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Egnater Mod50 vs Bogner Shiva EL34

ROTHNROLL

Has anyone ever tried these out, side to side?

I play overdriven Rock - to Blues and would like
a. Mellow - creamy overdrive.
b. Cleans that don't ice pick the ears. I like the bold sound of a Fender Bassman.

Right now I am paying through a Suhr badger 18, which I like.. was wondering what else is out there.
I spent most of the day looking at clips and posts on each one.

The Bogner Shiva sounds great, and I played one 2 years ago and was very impressed.

Anyone would like to add any comments?
If not these 2, should I look somewhere else?

jdh4him

I own an EL34 Shiva and play everything from blues to modern rock through it...fantastic amp, one of the best i've come across.

However, my buddy's Mod50 is a terror of tone...the ability to swap out the modules must be very enticing for anyone who owns one...

ROTHNROLL

I own an EL34 Shiva and play everything from blues to modern rock through it...fantastic amp, one of the best i've come across.

However, my buddy's Mod50 is a terror of tone...the ability to swap out the modules must be very enticing for anyone who owns one...

In a parallel universe.. which one do you prefer?

ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL

The Mod50 is one of the few channel switchers that I feel sounds better than the Shiva.

For what you are talking about I would suggest a Mod50 with the Bman and SL or even SL2 modules with some EL34s in the power section.
Some info on the modules:
http://www.egnater.com/modules.html

Or you could wait a little and check this out when it hits the market:
http://www.egnateramps.com/Renegade.html

You can't switch modules with with Renegade right?

Anyone going to side with the Shiva here?

MightyGuru

I've played both extensively and I dig the MOD50 a little bit more. SL2 mod and the Deluxe are great tone machines.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
Both are amazing amps, but the Mod 50 allows you tweak by switching modules. That alone makes it a more desirable, versatile amp.

bluessyndicate

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Shiva while playing in a blues/ blues rock band...the clean channel great, but the gain channel was overly dark and left me unsatisfied.

In a pure blues band I could get by with the Shiva, maxing the clean channel volume to get some hair, and then rolling back the guitar to clean it up as needed, or hitting the amp with a RC Booster as needed...and never use the gain channel, or at least evaluate setting it as a secondary clean channel wiht the gain and channel volume set quite low.

Alternatively, having also played a Mod50, I would prefer to go that route, as it's a wonderful amp and has equally good tone, but much more flexibility. I would splurge for the reverb option.

Trending Topics