Egnater Mod50....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LavaMan, Mar 21, 2008.

1. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

Can I just say that this amp continues to amaze me. I have the BMAN and SL2 modules and they are both just killer. I have had now several fellow musicians who been jamming with me for years on the local open mic scene just pile on the postive comments - this is the only amp they been excessively positive with. One commented: "I think you found IT with this one..."

I used an RC Booster and BB Preamp with it this week and it took both pedals extremely well.

What a great amp... I am now tempted to sell all my other ones....

2. freaksho

freaksho Member

i'm not very familiar with their modules. what are those two based on?

i'd love to hear one of those in person sometime.

edit:
    oh, wait - i think i figured it out (duh). it's early.
    i guess Egnater figured out the age old quest for Fender and Marshall in one box then?

3. LavaMan

BMAN - Fender Bassman

SL2 - Marshall Super Lead and modded Super Lead

They have many more modules...

4. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

i've been using a bb with my tol 100 and it's a perfect combination.

5. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I've heard a lot of great things about the Mod50, totally opposite on the Tourmaster stuff that GC is selling. Nothing but bad reviews on that stuff, online and from the GC manager.

6. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Played my buddy's MOD50 with the T/D and SL2 modules. I like the Deluxe module the most. Great dirty tones...especially through a 4X12!

The SL2 reminds me of my Aiken Sabre's OD channel.

Great amp. I'm dying to try the Vox mod.

7. ned911

ned911 Member

The VX module is my favorite, the B Channel gets some very tasty distortion sounds.

8. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Supporting Member

Lava, if you like that older plexi type tone that you can rock with pedals, the SL just kills too. Not many seem to talk about that one, but I just got one last week and it's so much fun. From clean (with lower output pickups) to Marshall 800 or so on B channel. A is open plexi tone to play that old classic rock type stuff. The MAS (module acquisition syndrome) is what's bad about these though!! I had traded my bassman........just ordered another one today! Now I'll have T/D, SL, SL2, EG5 and Bassman. It's an amazing amp and I have not even thought about wanting another amp since I got this. Glad you are diggin' yours.

9. Hellfire999

Hellfire999 Member

How is it for high gain stuff? Can it get those open and raw yet articulate 5150, SLO, and ENGL type tones with the right module?

10. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

+1 The VOX module is killer. That would be the one I'd match up with the SL2.

11. LavaMan

Yes - the MG module does that.

I can't wait for the E2 Module extender to come out (July) will be able to run 4 modules at once with a 8-channel footswitch...:BOUNCE

12. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

My Mod 50 with the TD and SL2 modules is the best amp I have ever owned. I plan on getting the VX and EG5 modules as well, and might get the DLX module cause I think the b channel might be more of what I want for a light breakup channel then the B channel of the TD which is a bit too fat sometimes.

Still the best amp I have ever had. My other 3 previous favorites were the Soldano SLO, Bogner XTC and Shiva. The Mod 50 edges them out both inb versatility and tone. An amazing amp.

I also agree about the Toutmaster. The apple has fallen far from that great tree!

13. Hellfire999

Hellfire999 Member

How is the Erect module and how does it stand up against the MHG module? Also, can you fit in two or three modules?

And how does the Egnater compare to the tour master?

14. fogman

fogman Member

EG5 module all the way!!!!

15. Hellfire999

Hellfire999 Member

Is that the MHG module?

16. JKD

JKD Member

The EG5 is an evolution of the MHG module, it's designed to have a little more range on the controls and more cut in a band situation.

17. mctallica1

mctallica1 Member

Yes. MHG will get you there and I have heard some GREAT tone from the EG5. Can't wait to play that one:BEER