• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Egnater Rebel 20

scott58

Just spent about 1 1/2 at a GC playing through this thing. All I can say is what a cool little amp and it will be the replacement for my Valve junior. i like my Vj with an EQ (and other assorted pedals) and this amp easily rivaled that. The treble, mid, and bass dials were very responsive and shaping the tone was effortless. The 1 watt to 20 watt dial is an absolute joy for any of you late night practicers with people sleeping in the house. i took this thing down in volume to almost nothing and was still getting pretty good tone. Way better cranked of course, but on par with every other low volume setup i've used that I thought was pretty good. even the OD is pretty good something this small.

The coolest part was dialing it over to the 6V6 side and this thing basically turned into a Blues Junior. I had been using a Dean 79 ML, right away I grabbed a nashville tele (MIM) and started getting some sweet tele fender tones. I was also surprised at how much the tone control on the guitar effected the amp. Alot more the tele's do with my Vj. I was again very pleased with the responsiveness.

Blending the 6V6's and the el 84's together seemed to suit something like the ML a bit better then with the tele, but the versatility this afforded was pretty amazing. Granted you guys with the lower watt boutique amps are gonna have a pretty series edge on an amp like this, but to the under a grand low wattage 1/2 stack and combo guys that just enjoy playing at home or small venue pubs this thing is a really nice piece of gear.

My next amp for sure.

waxnsteel

Umm, that doesn't mean it can't sound like his Jr. Different circuit and all, depending on how it's dialed in, it's highly likely that, at least to him, it sounded like his BJr. Or, perhaps, he misspoke, and like you, thinks that because they use the same tubes, they must sound the same. Hell, I thought it sounded more British than anything. No matter which side the tube mix knob went to.

monkmiles

Silver Supporting Member
Don't blame you, I was wow about a month ago at GC and got mine from a good deal online about a week and a half ago.

Umm the BJ runs on el84's. Deluxe Reverb is 6v6...
Was just gonna say the same thing. I find running the Rebel 20 with just the 6V6's and keeping the master volume up, does put it somewhere near the Deluxe Reverb or Princeton tones.

scott58

I own the Valve Junior. Misspoke about the 6V6. The 6V6 side is decidedly fendery to me. Love the versatility of the amp.

James M

That's funny....I also just played one of these today at GC. I LOVE it! I'm totally going to save and pick one up for smaller gigs and practicing....it cooks, and gets pretty darn loud!

scott58

I just wish i would have had my pedals with me. I'd of probably paid them to let me play all night.

James M

Yeah...I'm really curious to see how it would handle an od pedal or two. Plus it has an effects loop...prettty sweet!
Did you check to see how it cleaned up with the guitar volume knob? I forgot....got too caught up in the dirt tones!

StudioRat320

I'm gonna record some serious dropped D metal stuff with my Rebel 20. Believe it or not, it does that VERY well with high output pups, such as the ones in my Ibanez Xiphos.

I also love the way it sounds with my Tele. The EL84 side is so chimy, I usually play through it, but the 6v6 side is also very sweet. I just like the Vox vibe.

With the Xiphos, it's usually set at 75% EL84, 25% 6V6. I just crank the gain up and it seriously grinds through my Marshall cab with 2 V30s and 2 75s.

This has got to be one of the best sounding, most versatile amps currently made.

I LOVE IT:JAM

StratsRule07

I had the same 'wow' response to the Rebel when I first got it. Only had it about a week and half until I returned it today. I REALLY didn't like some of the sounds at high volume through the Egnater cab or the Valve JR. cab. I didn't want to drop another $400 on a Mesa w/ a v30 so I just returned it. It does some cool stuff, but I'm MUCH more happy with my Blue Voodoo 60w combo with v30's using the clean channel and letting my Fulldrive 2 or OCD take care of the dirt. I couldn't get the Egnater to even get close to the tones I was getting with the Blue Voodoo setup. The Rebel is still a great amp, it's just not really what I was looking for.

Plus, the BV, OCD, and Fulldrive 2 cost less than half of what the Rebel/Cab cost me.

JOHNNOUSA

Own the Rebel- best little amp I have ever played. TT is good, but the Rebel is a way better amp. Can't wait for the 2 channel 50w Renegade!

guitarzan58

I had a Blues Junior NOS with the Jensen. It never sounded like a classic Fender amp. Must have been the EL tubes.

I sold it after playing and buying a Rebel head and cab. I can get a Fender, Marshall or Vox tone from the Rebel. I haven't tried my effects rig with it yet because I am digging the tone with just my strat or lp.

Iceman8.6

Yeah...I'm really curious to see how it would handle an od pedal or two. Plus it has an effects loop...prettty sweet!
Did you check to see how it cleaned up with the guitar volume knob? I forgot....got too caught up in the dirt tones!
I run a Barber Dirty Bomb in front of mine and it sounds great.

jimmyohio75

Own the Rebel- best little amp I have ever played. TT is good, but the Rebel is a way better amp. Can't wait for the 2 channel 50w Renegade!
+++++1...
The Renegade will become the new standard by which all other 50 watt 2 channel tube amps are compared!! :dude

Trending Topics