Egnater Rebel with 2 x 12 or a rivera sedona 55

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by dmsean, Jan 25, 2012.

1. dmsean

dmsean Member

Ok here's the deal, I have a chance to trade my egnater rebel 20 with a Vader 2 x 12 cabinet for a Rivera Sedona 55 DDSM. I really love the tone of my egnater, and I've never played a rivera so please give me an idea on how it sounds. I play acoustic in a band and currnetly have a Traynor AM100T, but I do love to crank up the egnater at home and play as loud as I want. I looking forward to a much better acoustic tone.

So what does the electric (distorted) channel sound like?

2. dmsean

dmsean Member

3. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

Find the youtube demos of it, one of the best crunch tones I have ever played. I have never played the egnator, but Rivera is top notch in my book.

4. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    hehehe The 1st thing to do when deciding on the tone of anything is to completely ignore all Youtube clips. They are ALL a total waste of time for that.
    I've never even seen one of these Rivera amps so I can't help the OP except to say - go test em both yourself or forget it.
    There's no point asking people you don't know which they prefer ... and Youtube clips hehehehe pffff - an even bigger waste of time :)

5. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

If you love the Egnater why change?????

6. dmsean

dmsean Member

The guy backed out last minute because so came along with cash even though we had an agreement. Oh well I didn't want to get rid of the egnater but it was the only thing I had that he was interested in. I'm actually now looking to add the henriksen tweety to my Egnater set up. If iy does everything they say it does They Yeaaaahhh I get to keep my egnater.

But I really do like the acoustic tone of the Rivera.