Egnater Tweaker 40 combo

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabinets Demo Videos and Soundclips' started by Mathias Minquet, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mathias Minquet

Mathias Minquet Member

Hey guys!

I recently bought the Tweaker 40 from Egnater and I though I'd do a demo of it for those who are looking for a great sounding amp at affordable price.

The guitar is an Eric Johnson strat, and the only effects are post production (reverb, etc..). This Amp can be LOUD!
    Enjoy!

2. jazzguitarfan

jazzguitarfan Member

That was a very well done demo and some nice playing. They are cool amps.

3. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

Hi, Nice demo. Have one myself sounds like what I can get also. But how about some settings info. Lead channel particularly .

4. Mathias Minquet

Mathias Minquet Member

For the lead, I really like the "brit" setting: not because it's supposed to approach the marshall sound, but because there's a mid bump that's sounds really nice for solo work. And it also sounds louder. I wish you could have a switch like that for each channel...
    The EQ was flat on the lead and I didn't use the bright or deep switch. they sound a little bit artificial to me actually: the deep gets in the way and the bright is far to brilliant to my ears. on the crunch setting the power section was beyond half, but on lead it was too loud, I don't think it was beyond 10 o clock. and the drive was at 2 o clock. so there's a lot of gain on tap knowing that I was playing with a strat!

5. Mathias Minquet

Mathias Minquet Member

Thanks! the clean tones are really beautiful and there's quite a lot of hearoom.

6. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Nice demo Mathias.. I own 2 Tweaker 40's... I went through many many amps till i found these. They are the Finest amp for my tones, and from the sound of things, yours as well

7. Mathias Minquet

Mathias Minquet Member

yes for what I heard on your soundcloud it sounds pretty good :)

Having a EQ for each channel would be good though, because the settings for clean sound don't sound as good for overdrive and vice versa. (to my ears at least)

8. Rod

9. Mathias Minquet

Mathias Minquet Member

love the lead tone: I think your's sounds better than mine. ;) was it with a humbucker guitar?

10. Rod

Thanks Mathias...!
    For playing live I most always use Les Pauls and the Egnater is great with those.. For that recording I used an Am. Std Strat with a 1/4 pounder SD pickup in the bridge for the lead tone and the Slide was done with a Neck Thru Stambaugh with 2 Humbuckers..
    I did change the speaker in my combo to a WGS ET90. it is much cleaner and not as mid range heavy as the stock speaker was and it overdrives with a much singier tone..it has more bass as well if you need it..It's an amazing speaker...