Egnator seminar amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by CitizenCain, Apr 8, 2008.

1. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

These are based on a JTM45, aren't they?

Are the mods the Bruce makes to the JTM circuit in the seminar amps documented anywhere? I'd like to mod my Ceriatone JTM45 to be more gutsy and everyone raves about how cool the seminar amps are.

Just wondering...:D

2. PRSkeeto

PRSkeeto Member

It's really more of a hot-rodded JCM 800, but yes, it starts out as a JTM45. Bruce gets the kits from Mojo I believe, but changes many components and mods them more to his style.

I've never seen the documentation "out there" and would seriously doubt that you will. I'm surely not coughing it up.

That said, the information is out there to mod you're amp. JCM 800 schematics aren't hard to find. Do a little research, you'll be surprised at what you find. You might even want to shoot Bruce an email. One of the best things I took away from the seminar was his candor about amps and the willingness to share his knowledge.

3. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

Well, not really looking for a play-by-play on those amps, just wondering what direction Bruce takes the basic circuit. Like you said, there's a lot of mods out there.

So, JCM 800ish, eh? Thanks!

4. Weathered

Weathered Member

From what I understand, it's similar to a SuperLead with some choice mods, a good MV, and an effective loop. At least that's what it looks like to me. ;)

5. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

So, you've got one, Weathered? Where in St. Paul are you? I'm right across the river :D

6. Weathered

Weathered Member

I don't have one - I've played one in Chicago.

I'm actually on the eastern end of St. Paul - almost Oakdale. I work in Mpls, though.