EH Holy Grail. Power??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by technik, Aug 24, 2005.

1. technik

technik Guest

Hi Guys,
    Im thinking of getting the VL Pedal Power 2 Plus. Can I use the PP to power up the Holy Grail? Its written on the pedal that it runs 500mA of current. Whereas the MAX current for the PP is 200mA. Has anybody power the holy grail with PP? or you just use the adaptor to power that up? what about the small clone?

thanks

2. Page

Page Member

I had an EH Holy Grail that I wanted to put in my board which is powered by a PP2. It wouldn't work because each section of the PP2 is isolated to eliminate hum with each section giving off 100ma. It wouldn't work beacuse the Holy Grail requires 500ma. I eventually sold the Holy Grail for an EBS Dynaverb. Will someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the technical side.

3. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Just plug it into the AC Jack on the back of the PP2. Then nicely coil up the excess power cable, tie it with a pretty tie, thats, that matress man...

4. skiraly017

skiraly017 Guest

I tried powering my HG with my PP2 and it didn't work. According to Voodoo Labs website, the PP2+ will power the HG with no problems. The Dunlop DC Brick supposedly offers 1200mA which should power the HG no problem. Keep us posted.

5. telebuck

telebuck Member

I concur with all above... holy grail cant be powered by the PP2's jacks (tried it, lots of noise), but can be powered by plugging into the outlet on the back.

6. technik

technik Guest

Which part on the website stated that?

7. skiraly017

skiraly017 Guest

Apparently it's no longer there, but I did pull this quote from the PP2+ page maybe a month ago.

Electro Harmonix Holy Grail: In a test by Voodoo Lab, outputs 5 and 6 at the normal setting will power an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail. The EH adapter for that pedal offers 500 mA, and when they asked the folks at EH about it they told VL it draws 300 mA. But in testing one that VL got "off the shelf" at a local shop, it only drew a hair over 200 mA and powered up from output 5 of the PP2+ with no problems.

8. skiraly017

skiraly017 Guest

I'll post the reply.

9. technik

technik Guest

Yeah you are right. I called the VL this morning, and they said the same thing as you quoted above. I just got the 2 of PP2+ at Guitar Centar and plug everything, the EH Holy Grail works fine :D

10. sonicparke

sonicparke Member

So output 5 or 6 is the key to powering the Holy Grail? Is that the basic conclusion?

11. technik

technik Guest

Exactly. But it has to be Pedal Power 2 Plus

12. sonicparke

sonicparke Member

Good...that's what I've got. :dude

13. skiraly017

skiraly017 Guest

Hi Scott,

Yes. That quote is from stompin-ground.com and is still true.

The Pedal power 2+ will power the Holy Grail on outputs 5 and 6 (set to the "normal" setting, using the standard 3.5mm cable).

Nick Malgieri
    Customer Support/Artist Relations
    Digital Music Corp/Voodoo Lab
    http://voodoolab.com