EH Poly Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by traynor_garnet, Jul 16, 2008.

1. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Any info on the EH Poly Chorus? Are the reissues (current ones) any good or do you need to find an original? Looking to do the Adrian Belew sound.

TG

2. puddinstone

puddinstone Supporting Member

I have a newer re-issue. Seems like I read some where that the new ones are better.... I believe that's straight from Howard Davis.. but don't quote me on that.

It's a cool pedal...does color your over all tone a bit and can be a bit noisey, but...it doesn't quite sound like anything else. All typical EH qualities.

3. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

I believe it is actually the same as the old EH Echoflanger, which was a wonderful little box! I STILL don't know what ever happened to mine...years ago...hmmmm...[​IMG]

Tony

4. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

probably my single favorite pedal of all time. i'll never replace it, ever.

I've got a semi-newer reissue. Its probably about 5 years old. The sounds are out of this world. I RARELY ever use any of the crazy "EHX-like" sounds. For me its a straight forward chorus/flange. Occasionally I give the ring mod a whirl, and I sometimes use the delay as well.

Adrian definitely used some of the crazy sounds in there.... definitely nothing else like it out there for those.

For me though, the chorus/flange sounds are amazing though. The flange is the only useable flanger I've ever encountered. The chorus is fantastic. Super deep, lush, wide, spatial, and rich.

5. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Yeah, I don't want Belew's "crazy sounds" so much as that beautiful clean, lush, slight chorus slight delay sound he gets. Is this the ticket?

TG

6. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

7. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I'd like to know if there'll be a new small XO version.

8. 2leod

2leod Re-Member Gold Supporting Member

38 clicks from the town with a woman's name
    The original Poly Chorus was my first pedal I ever bought. I loved that deep, swirly under water sound, but due to my youthful enthusiam and penchant for turning all my dials to the max it usually just sounded like bubble and squeak. It eventually gave up the ghost, and I had parts of it lying around for years 'till I tossed them.

I should give it a try again...