• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

EHX Canyon Delay/Looper

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I will have the Canyon by the weekend and will review it.

I don't care the number of different delay engines. I only care that what delays or delay engines are there, are good and that they inspire.

Never heard of a Mel?

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I finally got the Canyon and I couldn't stand it. I didn't like how it sounded or felt! I thought my Digitech Obscura blew it out of the water! Sounded a good bit better.
The Canyon also couldn't hold a candle to my C.B. Montavillian or Duncan V.T.

Unchained81

Have had the Canyon for a couple weeks and absolutely love this pedal. Mostly using the tape delay and I think it sounds killer with overdrive/distortion. The soaring lead tones you can get are outstanding. Using the modulation setting with no delay just chorus, when I need chorus and I'm loving that too. Plus the 62 second looper is available. I've been able to dump a chorus and ditto looper thanks to this pedal.

I've never been one to buy EHX pedals but the demos and rave reviews from people like Andy at PGS sold me on it. No regrets at all. This is a fantastic pedal and for the $114 I paid on eBay I couldn't be happier.

monty

Have had the Canyon for a couple weeks and absolutely love this pedal. Mostly using the tape delay and I think it sounds killer with overdrive/distortion. The soaring lead tones you can get are outstanding. Using the modulation setting with no delay just chorus, when I need chorus and I'm loving that too. Plus the 62 second looper is available. I've been able to dump a chorus and ditto looper thanks to this pedal.

I've never been one to buy EHX pedals but the demos and rave reviews from people like Andy at PGS sold me on it. No regrets at all. This is a fantastic pedal and for the $114 I paid on eBay I couldn't be happier.
Agreed. I've had mine for a few months now and am still blown away by it.

I got a Canyon this weekend and LOVE it.

I was mostly interested in the DMM, mod delay, and looper modes but they're all great sounding and w the secondary control functions its actually very tweakable too.

the DMM mode w the vibrato is amazing. in my opinion its even closer to a real DMM than the xvive delay. the canyon nailed the vibrato of the early 2000s detachable power cord DMM (IMO the best version) unlike anything else ive heard.

such a great pedal, very much recommend it.

Tung-Sol Tube

I got a Canyon this weekend and LOVE it.

I was mostly interested in the DMM, mod delay, and looper modes but they're all great sounding and w the secondary control functions its actually very tweakable too.

the DMM mode w the vibrato is amazing. in my opinion its even closer to a real DMM than the xvive delay. the canyon nailed the vibrato of the early 2000s detachable power cord DMM (IMO the best version) unlike anything else ive heard.

such a great pedal, very much recommend it.
I agree about the Xvive, it has some amplitude modulation along with the pitch modulation. It makes it sound more tremolo/leslie than classic DMM vibrato. The Canyon comes closer to my XO. Also, check out the Line 6 Echo Park. The vibrato on it is crazy lush, but the repeats are darker than the DMM.

morbid

a very good pedal to have, lots of value in a small size.
EHX is doing great things....its a kind of magic

miklet

Hello,
Just a quick question: if you use an external tap tempo footswitch, is it possible to tap the tempo when the pedal is disengaged?
Thanks !
:)

miklet

Sorry to ask again but: when using an external tap tempo footswitch, is it possible to tap the tempo when the pedal is disengaged?
Also, does the pedal "remember" the tempo if you switch it OFF and ON?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom