• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

EHX DMM(XO) power connector

Hey all :)

I have this DMM (XO) for years, used it for messing around at home and recording. It always had it's own EHX power supply. Love that pedal.

Recently bought a CIOKS DC10 and planned to put the DMM on my gigging pedalboard.
The supplied Cioks cable does not fit... :( Yeah, I know, checked the voltage, dip switches, all safe, right cable, all info.... just doenst fit in the pedal.
to be sure it was the Cioks cable, I tried plugging in the 1spot, boss PSA, DC brick, all kinds of adapters. (Don't worry!! just checking the fit, I did NOT plug them in the wall wart!! :p)
It turns out, NONE of them fit.

Do I have a faulty unit with a faulty power supply? That happens to match? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

cj_wattage

I have an XO as well, and I do believe that the plug size is slightly different. I think EHX did this to prevent people from plugging in the wrong type of supply and doing damage to the pedal.

Thanks for your reply all :)

Just took a look inside, it appears the plug is different indeed and only works with the supplied adapter.
Mine was one of the first batches, did they change that later on? As for most people any other plug works just fine.

Guess I won't be able to hook my unit up to the DC10. (The Voodoo lab Y cable doesn't fit either) That sucks.... :(

Can you solder?
It's been 10 years since I had some lessons at highschool, so no, I don't consider myself a solder guy :p But I do have friends that were born with one.
But your question makes me think to just replace the power input with a more universal one? Would that fix it, simple as that?
Thanks again :)

udi9

It's been 10 years since I had some lessons at highschool, so no, I don't consider myself a solder guy :p But I do have friends that were born with one.
But your question makes me think to just replace the power input with a more universal one? Would that fix it, simple as that?
Thanks again :)
Don't touch the pedal, just buy the correct size DC plug and solder it on the cable you have (the Cioks cable), instead of the original plug.
an even better solution will be to buy all the plugs needed and give them to your friend or local tech to build you a new cable :)

udi9

If you don't have tools to measure the plug's size, just email EHX and ask. they are very responsive.

Trending Topics