EHX Freeze

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Melodic Dreamer, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

I just ordered a freeze. I'm pretty stoked. Hoping to help with creating textures.
    Tell me what I'm in for.

2. smj

smj Member

I find putting some modulation + delay+ reverb after it helps. I do wish there could be a volume pedal option for it though.

Sean Meredith-Jones
    www.seanmeredithjones.com

3. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I've had a lot of fun putting it at the very end of the chain, and capturing 'transitional' sounds, like reverb trails, delay repeats, and mid-sweep modulation. Freezing pitch shifting stuff is cool too. Some really odd textures can be had, and there are several applications really.

My main uses for it are to capture drone sounds. I like to freeze organ-like sounds, and fuzzy feedback sounds. I also use it make 'infinite reverb', since I no longer have my Cathedral.

4. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Yea, I kind of figured it wouldn't be a pedal to use alone.
    Just stoked

5. JxD

JxD Member

I usually use mine to freeze root notes. It creates some really interesting sounds and can be a really effective means to write really pretty melodies. Occasionally I freeze pick-slides. I also run four or five delays and a reverb in my signal chain, so I can get behind using it in conjunction with other pedals.

6. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

Very interesting. What are you using to power it?
    This is going to go on my smaller board. I was hoping a one-spot would work with it.

7. brandnewzo

brandnewzo Member

I use a 1-spot all the time with mine. No issues whatsoever

8. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Love it. Have really found that it shines in a recording environment. Takes a bit of getting used to live though...
    Email me if you want some examples I've made with it, and perhaps some tips for its use.

9. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

been wanting to try one of these... i would imagine it could be used with a similar approach to a sustain pedal on a piano