EHX Glove...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vintage66, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Mothman

Mothman Member

FWIW, I think the Glove sounds pretty much exactly like the Bill Ruppert EHX demo. But I play a Strat into a DRRI. (He only ID's it as a"clean Fender amp," I think.)

I think the Glove is great. Very responsive to your pick dynamics, and sounds fantastic as a low-gain OD, considering how much volume and gain it has on tap.

2. -AK

-AK Member

Bumping this because I got a Glove.

Been using a RAT as my only overdrive/distortion for years... kind of randomly just decided to give this super cheap EHX drive a shot. For the price, why not?

It's good. Solid amount of low end and a nice amount (read: plenty) of gain on tap. The tone shift is nice... both options sound good. Running the glove side by side with my RAT and I can get sorta similar tones, though the RAT has a spike in the mid/high range that gives it that RAT sound. The Glove is more flat/fat. I appreciate the difference. That RAT ain't losing it's job anytime soon.

But what really seals the Glove deal for me is the voltage switch. 9 volt mode gives you the typical more compressed, drive-pedal sound. But flip over to the 18 volt mode and things open up. Note separation is good and the overall tone is clearer and more spacious. It's great. Guitar volume roll back when in 18v mode is fantastic.

Verdict: Good drive pedal with a really great feature (the voltage switch). Very usable. Total bargain.

3. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Mine died the third time I played it and the screws were all stripped. Returned.

4. thecornman

thecornman Member

I got one a while back! I think it does sound like the OCD. There was a problem with the adaptor jack cutting in and out right from the get go so it is already sitting on the side lines till I get around to fixing it. This is strike three for me with EHX and their bad quality control so I will not be buying anymore of their products in the future. Glad they work out for others, but I have had no luck with them. Three out of six of their pedals have had problems quick for me.

5. Kyle Ashley

Kyle Ashley Supporting Member

Liked the sound of my Glove - only 2 months old and switch died tonight on a gig after maybe 12 gigs or so. Wish EHX would just use better parts and charge a bit more - I don't like downtime or hassles with fiddly repairs on cheap pedals.

6. rossowj

rossowj Member

Ughh crap. My Glove just came in the mail yesterday. I haven't played it yet, but I hope it's not already broken.,....

7. Bennihana

Bennihana Member

I read this thread, have the joyo ultimate drive, and still ordered it. Ill a/b them, but prob keep both on the board. The ultimate drive had a 275lb guy fall on it and it's been acting wonky on occasion. It works, but it's kinda stuck on one setting.

8. AllThePedals

AllThePedals Member

So I have to say that I really like this pedal. I've owned plenty of this types of pedals. I currently have at least half a dozen OD/distortions. Many more have been traded/sold. OCD is a great pedal and I think that EHX have really took a page from that book. The Joyo pedal was rumored to have been a clone or copy or maybe even the same pedal with a new paint job, but all this was debunked. I don't think that they are even that close. The Glove, regardless of it's relation to the OCD, is a versatile pedal with a lot of great sounds. I will concur that the video did boast that it will get totally clean; negative. Full review here.