EHX Glove

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by planetmerc, Feb 28, 2014.

1. planetmerc

planetmerc Member

Played my 3rd gig with it tonight. Never touched my BB Preamp or Fulldrive. The Glove pairs so well with my Strat, Tele and PRS. Running into a DRRI. With a RC Boost and my volume knob for leads I had all the drive tones I needed.

I do realize that I have now jinxed myself and it will break down on me on my next gig...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Vic Interceptor

Vic Interceptor Member

I've been waiting on a Glove to pop up used at a good price... I'm looking to test it against a OCD V4 and Mooer clone of the OCD. Thanks for the review.

3. Sunil

Sunil Gold Supporting Member

I just got my Glove yesterday. I'm really quite surprised by how good it sounds. So far, I've used it with a Tele and a Strat through a Port City Pearl head. The tone control has a nice, useable range and the pedal has a relatively low noise floor. Smooth OD and distortion with lots of character. I'm stacking it with a TC Spark Boost (which recently kicked an RC Boost off my pedalboard), and I get a good range of drive using the volume knob on my guitar. I'm not going to say it's the best OD pedal out there, but it hangs well with a Barber Burn Unit EQ and VFE Pale Horse OD that are on my board, and it provides some additional flavors those two pedals don't get. And I love the compact size.

For $58, the Glove is a steal.

4. Mothman

Mothman Member

Agreed! I bought it, thinking it might be amusing to have a cheap Marshall-In-A-Box, but it very quickly became my base overdrive. I love how natural it sounds on low-gain settings. Very flexible, very responsive, very inexpensive. I'm stacking it with a Soul Food at the moment, but it also works well with TS-types, treble boosts and fuzz.

5. Kyle Ashley

Kyle Ashley Supporting Member

Yeah the switch broke in mine after only 2 months so I bought another one! I prefer it as my mid-gain OD over the Kingsley Harlot. I fixed the switch in my original Glove so now I have 2 of them :)

**UPDATE**

More EHX FAIL - my brand new OD Glove died on gig #2. Really good tone in these pedals but something is way out of control in their QC area. It wasn't a switch but all sound throughput just muted out of nowhere. Had to bang it up and down on the stage a few times to restore sound.

Tonight's failure made me look like a fool in front of a thousand people on a super high pressure gig - no more EHX in my chain.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  6. AllThePedals

AllThePedals Member

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your pedals. I've had nothing but luck with mine. I have three so far (Metal Muff w/Top Boost, Glove, East River Drive). I do have a thing for their cheap ODs. I'm using them to push a Palomino V16 and the sounds are nice.

You can Read more here.

7. daveg777

daveg777 Member

THIS

Dave

8. JDW3

JDW3 Member

My Glove died tonight also, with 35 minutes of use. And to think I bought after reading the horror stories. Loved the tone, when it worked.