EHX Graphic Fuzz Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fishlog, Jun 11, 2008.

1. fishlog

fishlog Member

In my research for the Micro Synth I noticed EHX is discontinuing the Graphic Fuzz. 15 reviewers at harmony Central rated this as a 9.5 for sound. Should I snag one up before they are all gone??? I don't currently have a fuzz, I have owned several but never seemed to use them that much. That being said I am always saying I need to get another fuzz. So I am only asking about this pedal anyone have any experience with it?

2. Kev O)))

Kev O))) Member

Its not really a Fuzz. Its more of an OD (read one section of a Double Muff) & EQ in one pedal. They're decent but no Fuzz.

EHX is probablly pulling it in favor a new, smaller Graphic Fuzz ala micro, Micro Synth.

3. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

Yeah, it' a kinda Marshally sounding opamp based overdrive with EQ and a fairly useless "dynamics" section. The dynamics is like an envelope follower for the drive, the harder you play the more distortion. I actually preferred it with bass to guitar.

4. pear gage

pear gage Member

Analogman mentioned that many of the big box ehx effects are being discontinued and being rehoused in smaller enclosures in the thread about future collectible effects.

5. flyonthewall150

flyonthewall150 Supporting Member

I e-mailed them the other day asking if they were gonna release an XO Graphic Fuzz and they said "You never know...it could happen..."

So I took that as a yes. Hopefully soon because I wanna buy another one.
    Also made the suggestion that it could use a bit more gain.

6. fishlog

fishlog Member

Funny I actually emailed them today and they said YES there would be a replacement but there was no release date yet!

So now do I go and get this one for collectors reasons or do I get the new one for maybe any improvements?

7. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

I wouldn't buy one for collectors reasons. They aren't popular and thus are not particularly collectable. I'm surprised EHX is even going to keep it around. I had an original that didn't even seel for more than a reissue a few months ago. I have no doubt there will always be used ones on ebay.

8. disaster

disaster Member

They just reviewed one in the new GP. Kinda weird if they are set to be discontinued.

9. fishlog

fishlog Member

I actually looked on eBay for one... none to be found. The whole thing is weird!

10. Bren

Bren Member

Yeah, the GF is not really a fuzz, but it's my favorite distortion pedal (after the Rat) for lead tones. So versatile. If mine ever conked out, I'd buy a new one immediately.

----
    www.jazzshelf.org

11. Voodoo Soul Blues

Voodoo Soul Blues Supporting Member

I tried one and really liked it, unfortunately I had just bought a Fulltone '70......
    The gfuzz is as someone stated a marshally tone, a really nice marshally tone....I definitely plan on picking one up.

12. Ro S

Ro S Member

wow. serious necro bump above.

No, EHX are not discontinuing the G/Fuzz. This thread was created in 2008 concerning the big box version.

I like my G/Fuzz in combination with other dirt pedals.

I'd really like to know what the 'fuzz' circuit is inside this pedal. Anyone?