EHX HOG (Clip Inside!)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MrMunky, Aug 3, 2006.

1. MrMunky

MrMunky Supporting Member

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

oh Mr Munky. Your clips are truly a joy to be exposed to

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I would like one soon, I can't stand it anymore... I'm going to install a harmonica pickup in my Melodica with a jack on it, so I will have an approximation of a synthesizer, which is very exciting (and I can run it through all of my other guitar effects/amps/leslie cabinet and the loop station.

The clip sounds awesome, by the way! How are the wah sounds? I think for simplicity's sake I will use this unit for wah and volume control as well... I wonder if it's possible to use 2 foot controller units with an A/B box... A/B/Y???????!!!!!!!

4. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

stop it! Im getting a MAJOR GAS ATTACK, AND I JUST BOUGHT A CARB!!! STOP IT!!! I cant take it!!!

5. fatback

fatback Member

Mr. Munk-

That's a fun clip. Are all the tracks HOG guitar? I wasn't expecting the HOG to be able to get the POG's organ tones. Were you using the external footswitch when you recorded that?

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

I hope this means you will be updating your site more regularly now!

7. gassyndrome

gassyndrome Member

Thats a damn impressive demo - you should be on the payroll at EHX :)

That organ sound is crazy good. :AOK

8. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

you can hear a bit of the POG's organ sound (and synth-y) sounds on the first clip that comes up here: http://www.myspace.com/stephenpolcz
    The organ sound is my PRS through the POG with a Deluxe Moon Phaser and discumbobulator and the POG, deluxe memory man I think, too (don't recall the order, I didn't have enough cables to include the compressor).

It sounds a lot more like a Hammond with a compressor or two (especially the Walco Chord & Note sustainer and the Leslie cabinet)... I can't wait to get the HOG! It'll be kind of like adding drawbars on top of the regular organ sound... in addition to all of the other crazy things it will let me do!

9. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Ditto, I would so buy one if I could afford it.

10. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

11. MrMunky

Thanks guys! The HOG is doing all the work. There's other pedals in there, but nothing I don't use regularly on guitar (RT-20, Tube Zone, Compressors).

That's a good idea - check out http://www.inrerocknroll.com

NEW CLIP! - http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/HOG2.mp3

12. gururyan

gururyan Member

Well crap. I was really trying to avoid any more GAS pains, but this really is right in the area of what I've been wanting. Do you think that a HOG and a Micro-Synth would be overkill or double up anything? I was planning on the MS, but the HOG is sounding great. Both? Either/or?

13. g-nem

g-nem Member

Ah- an rt-20- that would be boss's leslie sim- that explains the killer organ sounds. Very cool! I keep waiting to hear someone exploiting the HOG's glitch IDM potential, though. . .

14. thebot

thebot Member

STOP GIVING ME HOG GAS ALL OF YOU!:drool

15. Antero

Antero Member

Oh man. Awesome.

I cannot afford a HOG or POG at all, but I wish I could :p

16. Doug H

Doug H Senior Member

I just got my HOG this past Saturday. So far I've only gotten to spend an hour or so with it. It is *very* impressive and deep though. It's going to take a while to get to the bottom of everything it can do.

I love the organ sound you got with it MrMunky! I have been playing with mine through the leslie pedal but haven't quite found the tone in your clip yet though. (I just need more time...)

Another thing that surprised me is mine came with an expression pedal. I thought I would have to buy that separately and put one on order. :jo I may keep the extra one for my ps-5 though.

It is definitely an exciting pedal.:AOK

Doug

17. MrMunky