EHX Nano Pog

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by thesooze, Jan 26, 2015.

1. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

Only had a Micro POG so I'm not sure I can accurately answer that. I know that the POG and POG 2 have a million more options. I don't think the POG/2 does pitch shifting does it? That to me seems to be the benefit of the Pitch Fork as it can do octave shifting stuff (and the "latch" option is AWESOME), but can also basically drop tune your guitar and lots of other cool intervals.

2. crambone

crambone Member

I have been wanting a Micro POg for a while. If this pedal is legit, here's hoping it drops the prices of the Micro so I can pick one up when everyone switches to the smaller footprint.

3. MHermans

MHermans Member

I wonder if the Mini Pog will sound as good as the Micro

4. geekformayor

geekformayor Member

Does the Micro Pog sound better than the Pitch Fork? Pitch Fork is smaller, more options, and cheaper. So what gives? Is sound quality really that much better to warrant the extra price on the POG?

5. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

given the recent release of the B9 and C9, it wouldn't surprise me at all for EHX to release the Pitchfork to get everyone who wants a smaller Micro POG option excited (myself included) and then release the Nano POG once sales on the Pitchfork died down abit...

i love the pitchfork, but if the Nano was priced right i'd seriously consider a swap... curse you Mike Matthews! :facepalm

6. Frankenstrat86

Frankenstrat86 Member

That would be me. It's real. I can't divulge price point but it is affordable. Stay good folks

7. daddyplayedsax

daddyplayedsax Member

The Mooer Pure Octave offers the same control set plus -2, -1, +1 & +2 pitches and all combinations thereof in a roughly similar sized case (if not smaller), if EHX can improve on the tracking issues they'd be missing a trick by not putting it out there. The Mooer was kind of fun for the price but the tracking issues killed it for me.

I'd like them to reissue the POG in the original casing with the clunky sliders. I get that most people need the real estate but I liked having the huge metal casing on top of my organ so I could kick it in for huge firebreathing sounds through distortions, it was like having an extra set of drawbars to **** around with. Ditto for the old big case Microsynths.

8. ckalinec

ckalinec Member

Sweet jesus! I will be purchasing this if this is true. Hands down the most exciting pedal I've seen in a while. The Micro POG for me is one of those pedals I will never take off the board even thought the size has bothered me for a while. This has me all sorts of excited.

9. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Member

I haven't bought a new pedal in a while. That will change once this is out.

10. thkh

thkh Member

Nano POG2 please!!!

11. ckalinec

ckalinec Member

I could see them potentially putting a POG2 in a Micro POG sized enclosure. That would be pretty rad

12. smitty.west

smitty.west Senior Member

this is the answer to all my (octave pedal) prayers.

13. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

Very cool! It's gotta be cheaper than the micro, at least?

14. G22

G22 Member

Just received a batch, if people want to order from my store.

[​IMG]

15. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

The Pitchfork is definitely different enough to have both....because you can't blend BOTH of the octaves at once, you can tailor you sound much better with the Micro Pog.

HOWEVER - the Pitchfork does the detuning type stuff, and with the latch switch engaged, is practically a whammy in a small enclosure!!

I love it - it stays on my board, even if I'm going to use it 100% of the time. It's just a sweet pedal with some very decent tracking (though not prefect. If you want a pedal for tracking only with a lower transposition, then the Digitech Drop is the way to go. I played one, and it was darn near perfect. It uses a 300ma power supply and only does the one thing! It's VERY focused on giving you great, detuned tracking)

16. papersun

papersun Member

I've got my eye on both, the Pitchfork for dropping my guitar tuning and micro POG for organ stuff.

17. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

If your main goal is the dropping of tuning - then spend the extra buck and grab the Digitech drop - it tracks incredibly well compared to the Pitchfork.

My $.02

18. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Pitchfork is great for organ stuff. -E

19. crambone

crambone Member

Awesome!!!

20. axm.88

axm.88 Member

The text looks placed on, look at the pixels around it.