EHX POG2 Noise

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by elguitarro, Feb 22, 2012.

1. elguitarro

elguitarro Member

The EHX POG2... What a great unit; however, the loud POP noise when engaging the pedal pisses me off. I mess around with this pedal for hours at home but when I'm using it live I think twice before engaging it because of this noise... I've been told by my tech that this is "normal" behavior with this pedal.

Any thoughts on this?

2. GTechNick

GTechNick Member

It is normal for the true-bypass switches that EHX uses. Jack Deville sells a "Click-Less" switch that you can exchange yourself if you're handy. If you're not, there are a few pedal modders out there who can do it for you.

3. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Member

Mine doesn't make a pop.

4. elguitarro

elguitarro Member

Thanks for your help. I have no problem with true-bypass POPs... but on the EHX is pretty loud/annoying. I will look into this switch.

5. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

I have the same problem. It is NOT normal. It's not just how tn switches sound. Anyone else have or not have this issue? It's about to be a deal breaker for me.

6. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

I read in an earlier thread that the pops are due to static and you can fix the issue by stomping the switch a few times before use.