EHX posts article about flanging on their site blog

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member

Saw a link to this on YouTube (odd since there's not an actual video); the first thing someone commented on YT was 'bring back the original Mistress!'.
Not reading too much into this, but I don't think I've ever seen an EM with that color scheme (red/orange font). Could be wishful thinking on my part - still, with how much attention they've given the Muffs, I'd like to think they're working on a truer-to-original EM.

EDIT: EHX just posted that article on the blog today. And yes, I will pre-order the f_ _ _ out of this if they do a proper reissue.

Last edited:

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
I thought it read like the EM discussion was just a jump-off primer on the subject of flanging, as a means of promoting the MOD11 Modulator. :dunno
Agreed, it does, but I was getting distracted by that pic. I mean, they COULD have used a promo shot of the MOD11, but didn't.
Ah, well.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Yes, the SAD1024 not only sound different, but in the EM it's used as two 512 stage BBD, which none of the clones or later versions do correctly.
If someone does, lets hope that someone can upgrade the static-discharge fragility the original had... and maybe beef the input pins such that a 3 V p-p on the chip's analog-in doesn't blow the internals apart.

... or somethin' like that.

Trending Topics