EHX Ravish Sitar

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by AZChilicat, Apr 24, 2016.

1. AZChilicat

AZChilicat Member

I am getting stumped with this pedal. I thought it would be an awesome addition to making some ambient noise but I feel I'm just not making the most of it. Just sort of asking for any thoughts/ways folks might use it. What pedal combos, settings, etc. you've found that work well.

2. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I like using the expression input for the drone strings sound. Its a tough one to dial in for sure. I try to keep the timbre just past Noon on the dial for the lead and back around 9:30 to 10:30 for the drone. Usually use the major mode. Haven't really used it enough to delve deeply into its capabilities. I find myself playing "The Inner Light" a lot when I engage it...

AZChilicat and AshMaui like this.
  3. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

Can you post a video example of what you have in mind as "ambient noise?"

4. AZChilicat

AZChilicat Member

First, I use the word "noise" as I don't think I'm good enough to make music. Here's something I actually just found this about 10 minutes ago:

AshMaui likes this.
  5. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

Sounds a lot like when I use it - "The Inner Light", but with a s***load more delay.

AZChilicat likes this.
  6. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

That just sounds like the Superego and the Boomerang catching the normal sound of the Ravish, with a volume knob swell feeding the Ravish.

Here's a vid for you to see some normal Ravish settings. Try the first with swells.

Good luck!

AZChilicat and AshMaui like this.
  7. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

Quite enjoyed mine, especially with an expression set to drone. Lotta fun to be had and definitely one that takes a little dialing in. With a bit of effort you can get some very cool and unusual sounds out of it.

AZChilicat likes this.
  8. gennation

gennation Member

It's a pedal you need to mess around with a bit. I can post a couple of settings I have. One is for a Beatle-ish, Indian-vibe tune we play and another is for the lead sound in Signed Sealed Delivered. Both are less "ambient" and more "sitar" sounding.

But the biggest thing to making sound good is first learning how to select the Key and scale. The thing needs to know the how to add "timbre" to signal before it can do anything good.

That last video is a good one to get some great sounds out of the box.

AZChilicat likes this.
  9. AZChilicat

AZChilicat Member

Just so I point myself in the right direction you think he's using the "infinite freeze" type thing on the Superego to capture the drones then maybe turning the sympathetic down and using more lead tone from the Ravish?