• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

EHX Soul Food with Strymon timeline

bo13bo

Has anyone paired a soul food with a timeline yet? Does it have the high pitched whine that the klon/klones do when the grit knob on the timeline is turned up?

starfish

I vaguely remember complaints about this from a while back. Can someone summarize what cause the issue and how it is circumvented or ameliorated?

mrsongbird

I had a Soul Food for a couple nights but returned it. Before returning it, I tried this very thing, remembering hearing about the problems with Klon buffers and the Timeline. The Soul Food does NOT hum or whine with the Strymon Timeline. I had the SF powered by a Pedal Power 2+ and the Timeline powered with its own adapter out of the PP2+'s courtesy outlet.

jurfin

i had heard that it was the charge pump - that elevates your 9 volts to 18 - i had heard that the charge pump circuitry got funky with the timeline.

that being said, i had a walrus audio voyager, charge pump and all, and never had any problems. i have yet to notice anything with the soul food either.

bo13bo

i had heard that it was the charge pump - that elevates your 9 volts to 18 - i had heard that the charge pump circuitry got funky with the timeline.

that being said, i had a walrus audio voyager, charge pump and all, and never had any problems. i have yet to notice anything with the soul food either.
I had a voyager and it did whine with my timeline. Using an ISO-5 for power. My PCE af1 and af2 and my jhs klone all had whine as well.

Jellybelly33

Gear Page Problems!

(A little less Gear Page given that the issue is with a cheap Klone rather than an actual Klon)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom