EJ road testing vintage Nocaster and Esquire

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
Yes those blackguard sound fantastic in his rig and hands!
Looks you had a great time in Austin.

I’m curious @hogy , were there any other kind of « wow » moments or particular things you noted related to Eric, his rig, how he plays, sounds etc.
He’s been one of my main influences for a long time, love his playing, unique style phrasing feel, fantastic tone indeed, and always thought he comes out as a real nice person in all interviews/videos. Must have been very cool to share this moment at his studio place.

asintoras

Really cool!! I love Eric, and that studio he built looks fantastic!! I would live there forever and the world would never see me again...
Yes, am looking forward to hear what @hogy has to say about Eric. I lived in TX for 5 years but never managed to run into him.

Let’s meet up in Phoenix and play some rawk!
Silver Supporting Member
That's my Esquire. EJ played a few notes and said "that sounds better than my "burst!" That was fun!

What quality about the guitar makes it sound Les Paul like? The pickup?

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
Of course it sounds better than his ‘Burst!

I always said if I ever won the lottery I’d seek out the best Broadcaster I could find. You can have your ‘Bursts! :p

On a side note, I was surprised to hear him say that they have 409 '54 Strats logged in their database. I know we don't have production records for the early days of Fender, but that number surprised me. I didn't know that were that many made in 1954, not counting those that have been destroyed and are unaccounted for in their database (and putting aside the old joke that there were 300 made and 409 of them are surviving today).

Last edited:

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
Of course it sounds better than his ‘Burst!

I always said if I ever won the lottery I’d seek out the best Broadcaster I could find. You can have your ‘Bursts! :p

On a side note, I was surprised to hear him say that they have 409 '54 Strats logged in their database. I know we don't have production records for the early days of Fender, but that number surprised me. I didn't know that were that many made in 1954, not counting those that have been destroyed and are unaccounted for in their database (and putting aside the old joke that there were 300 made and 409 of them are surviving today).

We had 8 of them there. That was the purpose of this get-together. We'll eventually have a video up that shows the details of the evolution of the Strat in 1954. Eric played them all. We'll have to sort through all the footage.

The blackguards came out after we were done with the Strats, and we all just looked at each other and started laughing. Turns out Eric hasn't spent a lot of time with really good Teles, and he was as surprised as everybody else in the room.

I bought an AC100 off of EJ!

2In5cqw.jpg

The Marshalls belong to my friend at Scruff's Vintage.

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
His "rhythm" tones, clean and dirty, often steal the show to me.
His lead "wooly" tone often seems harder to translate well on live recordings IMHO.

Reactions: Roe

Trending Topics

Top Bottom